playtime's over

kapkomet

For those who wondered, or didn't see the whole story... The poll meant nothing. There was never any intent to do anything with the results of the poll. He wasn't getting banned even if it was unanimous.

The whole point was to prove that all of those millions of posts telling people that something was wrong with them for not agreeing with Juggernaut were a complete trojan horse. There was absolultely nothing of substance to them, because he himself didn't believe them. We are all told repeatedly that freedom of speech and majority rule are the backbones of our society, and those who do not believe in them are somekind of Godless lowlifes. I simply gave Juggernaut a chance to prove that even in an adverse form that he would adhere to both of those principles. Its easy to say that stuff when things are easy, not so much so when it is working against you. Instead of standing up for his beliefs, he said nothing. That's all I need to know, and when he starts to preach to people in the future like they are some lesser lifeform, now you all know the truth, not through his words, but through his actions... or rather inactions.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
For those who wondered, or didn't see the whole story... The poll meant nothing.  There was never any intent to do anything with the results of the poll.  He wasn't getting banned even if it was unanimous.

The whole point was to prove that all of those millions of posts telling people that something was wrong with them for not agreeing with Juggernaut were a complete trojan horse.  There was absolultely nothing of substance to them, because he himself didn't believe them.  We are all told repeatedly that freedom of speech and majority rule are the backbones of our society, and those who do not believe in them are somekind of Godless lowlifes.  I simply gave Juggernaut a chance to prove that even in an adverse form that he would adhere to both of those principles.  Its easy to say that stuff when things are easy, not so much so when it is working against you.  Instead of standing up for his beliefs, he said nothing.  That's all I need to know, and when he starts to preach to people in the future like they are some lesser lifeform, now you all know the truth, not through his words, but through his actions... or rather inactions.

i think you wanted to ban him

:drink

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
i think you wanted to ban him

:drink

If SS really wanted to ban him, he'd be banned. It doesn't take a poll to make that happen. He shows no mercy! ;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
For those who wondered, or didn't see the whole story... The poll meant nothing.  There was never any intent to do anything with the results of the poll.  He wasn't getting banned even if it was unanimous.

The whole point was to prove that all of those millions of posts telling people that something was wrong with them for not agreeing with Juggernaut were a complete trojan horse.  There was absolultely nothing of substance to them, because he himself didn't believe them.  We are all told repeatedly that freedom of speech and majority rule are the backbones of our society, and those who do not believe in them are somekind of Godless lowlifes.  I simply gave Juggernaut a chance to prove that even in an adverse form that he would adhere to both of those principles.  Its easy to say that stuff when things are easy, not so much so when it is working against you.  Instead of standing up for his beliefs, he said nothing.  That's all I need to know, and when he starts to preach to people in the future like they are some lesser lifeform, now you all know the truth, not through his words, but through his actions... or rather inactions.

Its so crazy...it just might work!

Oh wait...it did.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Wait, the ballot was confusing, I voted Yes, but thought that meant no. Where's Governor Bush  :D

That sounds like Terry Bevington logic....

"I was saying fair when i meant foul.but he was saying foul when i thought he meant fair......."

:bang :bang

Normally I to side with the majority opinion so it's glad it ended in a 29-29 tie. I didn't vote so I guess I break the tie & majority wins. But the ignore feature at the site puts a spin on this debate.

What's an ignore feature analogy in the real world? I would say a degree of censorship as to what can be said in public. I would consider the right to say whatever you want in private or amongst private groups would be a fundamental minority right that the majority would always approve of.

So the vote is meaningless because everyone has the right to censor another her at SOXTALK. When you respond to a person's post you have freely choosen to read it. No one compelled you & the person writing it certainly isn't posturing themselves to get notice. They certainly aren't saying it to get accepted either. They are just sharing what's on their mind. BS'g in the kitchen at work if you will.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
Normally I to side with the majority opinion so it's glad it ended in a 29-29 tie.  I didn't vote so I guess I break the tie & majority wins.  But the ignore feature at the site puts a spin on this debate.

What's an ignore feature analogy in the real world?  I would say a degree of censorship as to what can be said in public.  I would consider the right to say whatever you want in private or amongst private groups would be a fundamental minority right that the majority would always approve of.

So the vote is meaningless because everyone has the right to censor another her at SOXTALK.  When you respond to a person's post you have freely choosen to read it.  No one compelled you & the person writing it certainly isn't posturing themselves to get notice.  They certainly aren't saying it to get accepted either.  They are just sharing what's on their mind.  BS'g in the kitchen at work if you will.

Good points, however, is an analogy that looks at society as a whole valid? Isn't this more analogous to a private party? If someone is at my house, at my party, and I want that person gone, even if the majority of party goers doesn't, isn't it my right to say adios? We are talking rights when in reality, we should be talking responsibilities. When someone throws open the doors and picks up the tab, don't we have a responsibility to be a good guest or, if we are unhappy with the rules, excercise our rights to leave? The guests righst shouldn't supercede the hosts rights.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 03:10 AM)
Normally I to side with the majority opinion so it's glad it ended in a 29-29 tie.  I didn't vote so I guess I break the tie & majority wins.  But the ignore feature at the site puts a spin on this debate.

What's an ignore feature analogy in the real world?  I would say a degree of censorship as to what can be said in public.  I would consider the right to say whatever you want in private or amongst private groups would be a fundamental minority right that the majority would always approve of.

So the vote is meaningless because everyone has the right to censor another her at SOXTALK.  When you respond to a person's post you have freely choosen to read it.  No one compelled you & the person writing it certainly isn't posturing themselves to get notice.  They certainly aren't saying it to get accepted either.  They are just sharing what's on their mind.  BS'g in the kitchen at work if you will.

Nice spin Rush.

You also have freedom of speech in life too, and the ability not to listen. Does that mean any majority rules statements are rendered useless as well because you don't have to pay attention to the ballots?

Not a chance. You have already way proven that all of the stuff you preach doesn't apply to your own actions. You say everyone else should behave like that, but the hypocrate that you are, you don't believe your own rules should apply to yourself. You had the chance to prove yourself as a man of principle by standing up for majority rules BEFORE the results were known. Instead you ran and hid until it was over, and then came up with a reason why it was OK. A real man who believed the stuff he said would have posted right away in the thread and said "You are right, I believe in majority rule, and I will abide by the majority." Instead you read the threads, post nothing, hide, and come back after all is said and done. And on top of it all, you try to add some spin about the ignore feature rendering any polls here useless. You should be embarassed to be yourself today in all reality. I can't believe you would even want to show your face here after being exposed in the way you did. Everything you said you stood for is just lies. Do as I say, not as I do.

I guess all my hiding is what gets threads like this closed :D

CONS vote their pocketbooks & LIBS? I'm scratching my head on that one. Is it the right to take it up the arse? No they've got that already. Oh wait! I know! Maybe it's the need to be acknowledged for taking it up the arse! That could be it.

Now for the logic challenged the post is offensive to no one. I clearly have not stated it as a fact but merely speculation on my part. There is no direct reference to any member & there is no direct association to any group of members. Yet I'm sure someone will go crying to mommy about it.

I am assuming that Filibuster is adults only. If I'm not right about that please let me know!

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!

I'm not touching you!