contreras and dye for abreu and gavin floys?!?

samclemens

I just called MLB Radio this morning and I was told that it was a rumor. You agree, I agree, and even they agree that it wouldn't be a good trade. We rode Contreras to the World Series in the second half. During the second half, during White Sox post game shows everybody was on Crede and Contreras. Now, Crede and Contreras' value is the highest ever and neither person is going anywhere. I kinda disagree in that the trade blows. Abreu and (top pitching prospect Floyd) for JC and Dye isn't a bad trade if the White Sox needed a big bat with speed and didn't have a pitching rotation. BUT, they have (most likely) the best rotation in baseball with proven winners and have no need for Abreu. I'll tell you a bad trade...Matt Karchner for Jon Garland (if you root for the crappy other team) but the flubs make them bad ones all the time. :gosox4:

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this rumor and I must say it is a doozy. I love Cantrerus and Die but if we can get a guy like Abrayou and a big time catching prospect (even if he is a little older, 28) in Glavis Floods we've gotta do it. DO IT KENNETH, do it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Wow, this is the first I've heard of this rumor and I must say it is a doozy. I love Cantrerus and Die but if we can get a guy like Abrayou and a big time catching prospect (even if he is a little older, 28) in Glavis Floods we've gotta do it. DO IT KENNETH, do it.

LOL!

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
I actually saw this rumor earlier.  It was nixed.

You guys of course will ignore this statement and discuss it for 10+ pages atleast.

Judging by the 509 previous posts on the subject in this forum alone I highly doubt this thread escalates into any sort of discussion.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Judging by the 509 previous posts on the subject in this forum alone I highly doubt this thread escalates into any sort of discussion.

Yeah I know...which if unfortunate too because a rumor with this much validity should be discussed in atleast 700 posts

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)

In discussing past discussions on this subject and the intent to nix any future discussion of the subject does that mean we are now discussing the subject?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 7, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)

:P

Why is this another thread? Do the kids need to see there names on a starter thread? this has been rumored for a month or more. This has been all over websites. It was there during your Christmas break. Its on the site to address the rumor. Thats it. Although I do think there maybe something to it, later... despite what the teenage crowd thinks of the trade. Didn't the bell ring yet?

Edited by quickman

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
RockRaines, show us the way to the avatar. We must get more.

View the image in another window. The URL in it becomes much clearer :P

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
take the tics off the previous comment &what do you get?

I'm sure this has some sort of value to this thread, but I really can't find out what it is. Then again, this thread doesn't have much value anyway :P

Edited by Felix