Rex should retire from NFL football.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Crazyman, can you please provide any evidence of Angelo naming Orton the starting quarterback like you claim?

LOL, he replied to that very same question in post 8 of this thread. Check it out, it will really make you laugh.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
LOL, he replied to that very same question in post 8 of this thread.  Check it out, it will really make you laugh.

I saw that, but then he was trying to say Rex is just going to be the #1 going in to camp. Since Angelo didn't say Rex was starting the season at #1, Jeff George, I mean, Kyle Orton would be the #1 QB.

:rolly

When Rex Grossman actually plays a year starting more than 2 or 3 games in a NFL season you can tell me I am wrong, but right now I AM ONLY RIGHT, EVERY DAMN THING I SAID AS RIGHT, and YOUR ATTEMPTS TO PROVE ME WRONG HAVE BEEN TOTAL BS! Right now Rex has never played a season starting more than 3 games, fact. Right now Rex has done ZERO to prove he can be a starting QB in the NFL, fact. When Orton wins the starting job in training camp, you all will still be making excuses and still saying Rex is a starting QB in the NFL, which he never was, and denying I was right all along, fact.

Edited by crazyman26

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
When Rex Grossman actually plays a year starting more than 2 or 3 games in a NFL season you can tell me I am right, but right now I AM ONLY RIGHT, EVERY DAMN THING I SAID AS RIGHT, and YOUR ATTEMPTS TO PROVE ME WRONG HAVE BEEN TOTAL BS!  Right now Rex has never played a season starting more than 3 games, fact.    Right now Rex has done ZERO to prove he can be a starting QB in the NFL, fact.    When Orton wins the starting job in training camp, you all will still be making excuses and still saying Rex is a starting QB in the NFL, which he never was, and denying I was right all along, fact.

STF

U

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 07:34 AM)
I can't believe you guys humored this .... um .... poster for nine pages.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
When Rex Grossman actually plays a year starting more than 2 or 3 games in a NFL season you can tell me I am right, but right now I AM ONLY RIGHT, EVERY DAMN THING I SAID AS RIGHT, and YOUR ATTEMPTS TO PROVE ME WRONG HAVE BEEN TOTAL BS!  Right now Rex has never played a season starting more than 3 games, fact.    Right now Rex has done ZERO to prove he can be a starting QB in the NFL, fact.    When Orton wins the starting job in training camp, you all will still be making excuses and still saying Rex is a starting QB in the NFL, which he never was, and denying I was right all along, fact.

Now do you see why? LOL.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)

Crack kills folks, crack kills.

When Rex Grossman actually plays a year starting more than 2 or 3 games in a NFL season you can tell me I am right, but right now I AM ONLY RIGHT, EVERY DAMN THING I SAID AS RIGHT, and YOUR ATTEMPTS TO PROVE ME WRONG HAVE BEEN TOTAL BS! 

So if Rex starts more than 2 or 3 games next season, you are right,

And if Rex doesnt start 2 or 3 games next season, you are also right?

Please explain to us why every damn thing you have said is right and why our attempts at proving you wrong have been BS. I know I know, we keep using those silly fact "things" and try to read Jerry Angelo's mailbag answers with some semblence of clarity, and that derails your argument. So maybe you can try and tell us why everything you have said is right?

This is so damn funny.

...and if that nonsense still happens, you'll still be wrong about Orton being named the number QB for the season by Angelo.

Now you're saying Orton will win the starting job. I thought Angelo said he was already the number 1??? :huh

:rolly

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
I wonder what you will all be saying in September when Orton, or a free agent, or draft pick is the starting QB.  :)

i wonder what you will be saying when that doesnt happen. I bet not much.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
I wonder what you will all be saying in September when Orton, or a free agent, or draft pick is the starting QB.  :)

Why are the Bears looking into signing a veteran QB, and then Orton will be the 3rd QB?

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)

Did you happen to catch Lovie Smith's interview from the combine 2 days ago? When he said this is Rex's team, and there is no QB competition. He said it has always been Rex's spot and that will not change. Just wondering if you caught that, because maybe when he said it was Rex's spot, he really meant Orton?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
Did you happen to catch Lovie Smith's interview from the combine 2 days ago?  When he said this is Rex's team, and there is no QB competition.  He said it has always been Rex's spot and that will not change. Just wondering if you caught that, because maybe when he said it was Rex's spot, he really meant Orton?

Ooooh, are you saying that you are reading between the lines and that Angelo is really saying that Orton is the starter even though he really isnt saying that out loud? Pffft, the writing is on the wall.....no one but crazyman knows what the writing says, but its on the wall;)

Did you happen to catch Lovie Smith's interview from the combine 2 days ago?  When he said this is Rex's team, and there is no QB competition.  He said it has always been Rex's spot and that will not change.  Just wondering if you caught that, because maybe when he said it was Rex's spot, he really meant Orton?

I realized that but what Angelo thinks means more than Lovie.

Basicaly this is how I see it. Rex has never been a starting QB in the NFL. To be a starting QB in the NFL a QB must be starting 12 or more games in the 16-game NFL season, not 2 or 3 which is the most Rex has ever started in a single season. Thus he has never been an NFL starting QB. If he has not been an NFL starting QB by age 26 and 3 years in the NFL he probably never will be, very rarely does a player become an NFL starting QB for the first time at age 26 after 3 years in the NFL. Thus I strongly doubt he will ever be an NFL starting QB.

If he does start the year as the starting QB, which he has done before he will either:

1)lose it before playing 12 or more games by insufficient performance or losing it to another QB.

2)get injured again.

I gaurantee no way will he reach 12 or more games ever in his career, in a single season as QB.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
I realized that but what Angelo thinks means more than Lovie.  

Basicaly this is how I see it.    Rex has never been a starting QB in the NFL.   To be a starting QB in the NFL a QB must be starting 12 or more games in the 16-game NFL season, not 2 or 3 which is the most Rex has ever started in a single season.   Thus he has never been an NFL starting QB.     If he has not been an NFL starting QB by age 26 and 3 years in the NFL he probably never will be, very rarely does a player become an NFL starting QB for the first time at age 26 after 3 years in the NFL.   Thus I strongly doubt he will ever be an NFL starting QB.

Last time I checked Lovie decides who plays and who doesn't, not Angelo. If the guy blows, the coach isn't going to play him. There are some cases where the backup is a top draft pick making a ton of money and they want to give him a shot, but that's definitely not the case with Orton.

The second part isn't really the case. There are plenty of guys that don't make it as a full-time starter in their first couple of years and end up being a starter down the road. Steve Young wasn't really a factor until his 7th year, and that doesn't count the time he spent in the NFL. Kurt Warner couldn't even make a roster and he ended up winning 2 MVP's. Trent Green is one of the better QB's in the league and hardly played early in his career. Matt Hasselback was still only a part time player in his 3rd year. Brad Johnson is a pretty solid veteran that is an occasional starter, and he threw about 40 passes in his first 3 years.

I don't see how that matters anyways since he already is #1 on the depth chart and has been for a while. It's not like he's shown no progress whatsoever and has no hopes of doing anything like your average NFL washout.

Edited by ZoomSlowik