Bulls win at Clippers

Not sure if this would be in the NBA thread or not after the debacle last week, if so just move it over there....

But yeah, the Bulls picked up an impressive 97-91 win tonight at the Clips. Solid performance all around, with Duhon out with that thigh bothering him again.

WTG guys, salvaging a 2nd win on the trip before coming home.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played a great game. Hinrich was jabbing at Cutino Mobley most of the game and with the team up 2 and time expiring Hinrich basically told him he was gonna take it on him and did exactly that, drew the foul and hit both free throws.

Hinrich totally schooled Cassel as well. He missed quite a few open jumpers but was awesome down the stretch. Chandler was a beast on Brand and had a few sick blocks.

It was sweet, I thought I was gonna see a blowout but instead I am now 2-0 watching the Bulls at Staples this year. Badass seats too, was sitting 6 rows behind the Bulls bench.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 08:18 AM)
We should miss the playoffs this year. 2 lotto picks that way.

The only way that would really benefit us is if our pick was in the top 6 or so. The Bulls are on pace to win atleast 35-38 games. That would most likely take us out of the running for a top 10 pick. It would be better to just make the playoffs and take our lumps. They'll benefit in the long run.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
Would you consider all of those players beasts as well?

Well, they probably should put up better than 3 points and 10 rebounds in 30+ minutes to be considered a beast, so you're right on that. Just don't take away from how well Brand has really been playing this year. Man it'd be nice to somehow have him in the middle with Chandler.

We should miss the playoffs this year. 2 lotto picks that way.

You could be right, but under no circumstances would Skiles and many of these guys try to lose games. It's probably better that these guys get one more taste of playoff basketball before they head into next season, where they may be able to fit a few players (although there doesn't seem to be much out there) into the available $16 million along with two high picks or the players they dealt them for...

I have the complete NBA package out here in Phoenix and last night's game was the first one I missed while I had the chance to watch it. I was disturbed by the Sacramento game the game before. It appears as though I missed a good one.

More Pargo, please!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Well, they probably should put up better than 3 points and 10 rebounds in 30+ minutes to be considered a beast, so you're right on that.  Just don't take away from how well Brand has really been playing this year.  Man it'd be nice to somehow have him in the middle with Chandler.

Brand is the man. One of the worst trades we ever made.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
Brand is the man.  One of the worst trades we ever made.

I think that trade epitomized the last few years of our previous GM, who's name will not be spoken here so as to avoid further cursing. In fact, that trade and that draft say a lot about his work. When people criticize Pax for things like Drafting Gordon, I sometimes just sit here and think "Gordon, Deng, and Hinrich, or Curry, Chandler, and Fizer." Jay Williams wasn't exactly his fault, and Brand was a good but obvious pick, but man we missed some chances with those picks and trades.

Brand is the man.  One of the worst trades we ever made.

Sigh...When the deal was made, I told my pals that this would probably be a good deal for the Bulls...

I'm still holding out hope that Chandler will (someday) become a force. However, it appears to me that he's still too immature and probably spoiled at too young of an age to ever become a major NBA force like Brand is...

The first thing I'd tell Chandler if I were Skiles would be this: "If you ever dunk again and act like you just won the game, I'll pull you out of the game for a month."

I'd also tell him: "From now on, you don't dunk unless it's with one hand. That way you can't hang on the rim like you're a good NBA player."

I cringed when they signed this guy to that whopping contract. But, like I said, I'm still holding out hope. I must be nuts, eh?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I think that trade epitomized the last few years of our previous GM, who's name will not be spoken here so as to avoid further cursing.  In fact, that trade and that draft say a lot about his work.  When people criticize Pax for things like Drafting Gordon, I sometimes just sit here and think "Gordon, Deng, and Hinrich, or Curry, Chandler, and Fizer."  Jay Williams wasn't exactly his fault, and Brand was a good but obvious pick, but man we missed some chances with those picks and trades.

I wondered at the time of the trade why everyone was so down on Brand. One of the main critcism's is that he is only a 20-10 player. We wanted a star who could score 30 pts. But isnt 20-10 basically the ideal post man? Chandler is an ok player, blocks a few shots, gets a few boards. But the guy has NO offensive weapons, plays weak post defense against strong post players, and gets into foul trouble and has to be yanked. Pair that with his health questions, and he is a huge dissapointment.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Usually beasts dont give up double-doubles with 30 pts.

God damn man, did you even bother to watch this game??? Brand abused Songalia and Sweetney. When Chandler was on him, he couldn't do a god damn thing. If you're not going to watch these games, don't bother commenting on them.

You're usually a better poster than this. Seriously, get your head out of your ass.

Chandler played great. He was mostly on Kaman, but he switched over to Brand at times.

QUOTE(CluelessJoe1919 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Sigh...When the deal was made, I told my pals that this would probably be a good deal for the Bulls...

I'm still holding out hope that Chandler will (someday) become a force. However, it appears to me that he's still too immature and probably spoiled at too young of an age to ever become a major NBA force like Brand is...

The first thing I'd tell Chandler if I were Skiles would be this: "If you ever dunk again and act like you just won the game, I'll pull you out of the game for a month."

I'd also tell him: "From now on, you don't dunk unless it's with one hand. That way you can't hang on the rim like you're a good NBA player."

I cringed when they signed this guy to that whopping contract. But, like I said, I'm still holding out hope. I must be nuts, eh?

The basketball talk around here is f***ing pathetic.

The most amusing thing I have seen all year:

Hinrich schools the Clippers for three straight lay-ups, and then, as usual, Ben Gordon figures that he's f*** with Kirk's offensive momentum. He tries to drive in, and he stumbles and falls to the ground while losing the ball.

I know that Gordon is a wack motherf***er who can only shoot and do nothing else well. But I come here, and people are talking s*** about Chandler instead. You know, the guy leads the NBA in offensive rebounding and overall rebounding since he was inserted into the starting lineup against Indiana back on January 21. His defense has been superb.

And if you're going to talk s*** about his passion and say that Skiles should bench Chandler for a month, you ought to have your head examined. Stick around, new guy. You're just itching to get chastised on here.

Watching Jannero Pargo reminds me of Ben Gordon. They are the same f***ing player except Gordon's shot is more consistent (and even he has bad nights too much). Both are too small 2 guards, can't defend, can't pass....not cool.

Oh, and if you watched the game last night, you'd see how well Tyson played on defense. He still has no offensive game and still is overpaid, but he's been one of the best defensive players/rebounders in the NBA the last couple or few weeks here.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
He still has no offensive game and still is overpaid, but he's been one of the best defensive players/rebounders in the NBA the last couple or few weeks here.

If he rebounds like a madman and plays the type of defense that he's capable of, even without an offensive game, he is not overpaid. Are we in this for the rings, or what? If so, players like Chandler are top priority.

I'll post OREB and overall REB numbers since Jan 21 in the NBA thread later on today. Sorry for cherrypicking. Witness a madman in the making. Nothing I didn't already know, as I evaluate guys based on tools, unlike a gang of motherf***ers.