Mr. Zero is headin back to Japan

BurlyMan56

courtesy of www.rotoworld.com

Shingo Takatsu - R - Mets

Free agent Shingo Takatsu has opted to return to Japan and rejoin the Yakult Swallows.

Mr. Zero had a Japanese record 260 saves for Yakult before making the jump to the U.S. prior to 2004. Takatsu, 37, finishes his MLB career with a 3.38 ERA and 27 saves in 98 2/3 innings. Feb. 13 - 3:32 am et

Source: TMCnet.com

Thank You for 2004 Shingo!!!!! :gosox4:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
I would think so.

He had 8 saves for the World Champs, and was with the team for more than 1/2 the season.

Thanks again, Shingo, and GOOD LUCK back in Japan!

GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!

:headbang

I hope so. He was a lot of fun. I could never hate the guy. I could only feel horrible for him last year, when he was struggling. I really wanted him to still be the guy he was in '04. Best of luck Mr. Takatsu.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
I hope so.  He was a lot of fun.  I could never hate the guy.  I could only feel horrible for him last year, when he was struggling.  I really wanted him to still be the guy he was in '04.  Best of luck Mr. Takatsu. 

:gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:

Totally agree.

I just remember Ozzie bringing him in during Game 2 of the Cubs/Sox series at Comiskey in '04, bottom of the 8th with 2 outs to get Sosa. Sosa had swung through the pitch before it even got to the plate for strike three.

Making Sosa look like a doof is like taking candy from a baby, but he made a lot of guys look stupid with that frisbee change-up of his.

Best of luck to Shingo. I loved the gong, and the giant smile on his face after every save.

Although it may have not worked out for him in the MLB, hopefully he'll return to his successful career in Japan. Plus, he can show off his shiny new jewelry to everyone over there.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
I would think so.

He had 8 saves for the World Champs, and was with the team for more than 1/2 the season.

Thanks again, Shingo, and GOOD LUCK back in Japan!

GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!

:headbang

he did contribute. So obviously he has to get a ring. He was always a class act and it was so fun to watch the hitters look like retards in 04 and parts of 05 with the frisbee. When they got him I predicted he would be the closer even after ST.

For some reason he lost his ability to throw strikes last year. Thats what I think killed him. Not necessarily that the "league caught up with him."

The problem was he was getting to 3-1, 3-2 so often that they could just sit on the fastball and thats when people are going to pound on Shingo. If he just could have thrown strikes it might have been different, but he couldn't do it.

Thanks for coming Shingo and best of luck in Japan!

I will NEVER forget how utterly confused Torii Hunter looked at Shingo's change-up... nor the sheer dominance of using Shingo in MVP 06 online against the poor bastards he always struck out. His changeup was unhittable in that game!

Thanks for the GONG Shingo! Good luck!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)
For some reason he lost his ability to throw strikes last year. Thats what I think killed him. Not necessarily that the "league caught up with him."

He lost the ability to throw strikes because everytime he did the pitch got hammered. He was scared. The league caught up to him, found a "tip," and slaughtered him.

5.20 ERA = League caught up to him!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
He lost the ability to throw strikes because everytime he did the pitch got hammered.  He was scared.  The league caught up to him, found a "tip," and slaughtered him.

5.20 ERA = League caught up to him!

Uh, no. Check out the outings where he actually threw strikes. He had no problems. He wasn't scared. Nobody was pounding him when he got the fastball on the corners and the frisbee somewhere close. He just couldn't throw strikes. Its started in spring training and didn't stop.