AJP on Cold Pizza soon

Steve9347

Buster Olney rated our pitching staff an A-.

AJ thought that was pretty rough.

I'd tend to agree.

Also, AJ said when talking about the lineup..."our 3-4-5 of Dye, Konerko and Thome."

I've been one of the few supporting that from day one and I hope it holds true.

There was nothing interesting in the interview (wrestling and florida gators stuff) but Buster Olney did grade the sox and predict a win total.

Starting pitching: A-

Bullpen: B+

Lineup B+

Defense: B

Wintotal: 96-98

I was really surprised (so was AJ) when he gave the starting pitching only an A-. If the sox get that I sure hope no other team gets a higher grade than that.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
There was nothing interesting in the interview (wrestling and florida gators stuff)  but Buster Olney did grade the sox and predict a win total.

Lineup B+

I was really surprised  (so was AJ) when he gave the starting pitching only an A-. If the sox get that I sure hope no other team gets a higher grade than that.

The Yankees and Red Sox have A+ in the bag.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 07:52 AM)
There was nothing interesting in the interview (wrestling and florida gators stuff)  but Buster Olney did grade the sox and predict a win total.

Lineup B+

I was really surprised  (so was AJ) when he gave the starting pitching only an A-. If the sox get that I sure hope no other team gets a higher grade than that.

Our Bullpen is rated too highly right now, imo.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
AJP was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said the best move we made in the offseason was bring back Konerko.  He said when he trots out on the field with a C on his jersey, the crowd and the team will go crazy.

When Paulie came into the room at Soxfest, it was electric.

Literally chants of Paulie were heard for 45 seconds straight before everyone stopped.

One can only imagine US Cellular on opening night when the team and our captain take the field.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Based off his postseason success, the 3rd spot should be Dye's to lose.

Based on his career success and best production out of that slot, the no. 3 slot should be Thome's to lose.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)
When Paulie came into the room at Soxfest, it was electric.

Literally chants of Paulie were heard for 45 seconds straight before everyone stopped.

One can only imagine US Cellular on opening night when the team and our captain take the field.

Imagining that gave me goosebumps.

QUOTE(Drew @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Based on his career success and best production out of that slot, the no. 3 slot should be Thome's to lose.

based on the spring training that's going to happen shortly it should be whoever proves to be best for the spot's to lose.

based on the spring training that's going to happen shortly it should be whoever proves to be best for the spot's to lose.

So Pablo Ozuna should have been our #3 hitter after last Spring Training then?

Ozuna's line from ST last year: 55 AB's | .527 AVG | .544 OBP | .655 SLG | .1199 OPS

Spring Training stats don't mean enough to set the lineup by them. Even if Dye hits better than Thome in Spring Training, it won't make Dye a better #3 hitter than Thome.

Edited by SSH2005