2005 RBs V. 2006 RBs

Definitely have to say 2006. While I loved Carnell Williams from the beginning, and Ronnie is going to be very good, and I think Benson will be ok in time. I love DeAngelo Williams similarly to Carnell of last year, and Bush is in a league of his own. I also like White about as much as I liked Ronnie Brown. Basically here's my breakdown.

Bush > Benson

DeAngelo = Carnell

White = Ronnie

But the depth of the 2006 class to me sets it apart. I really like guys like Calhoun, Maurice Drew, Maroney, Addai, and Norwood. The only guys from 2005 that I would have put in the same class of those guys are Arrington and Shelton.

Good topic.

I think if I had to rate all 6 of them and using Benson's college career to judge him since he never really had a shot last season.

Bush

Brown

Benson

DeAngelo

Carnell

White

I know some people wont like the list with Carnell being so low after he has proved the most so far but I just consider the ceilings higher on the other guys.... I think Bush and Brown both be elite RB's.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Definitely have to say 2006. While I loved Carnell Williams from the beginning, and Ronnie is going to be very good, and I think Benson will be ok in time. I love DeAngelo Williams similarly to Carnell of last year, and Bush is in a league of his own. I also like White about as much as I liked Ronnie Brown. Basically here's my breakdown.

Bush > Benson

DeAngelo = Carnell

White = Ronnie

But the depth of the 2006 class to me sets it apart. I really like guys like Calhoun, Maurice Drew, Maroney, Addai, and Norwood. The only guys from 2005 that I would have put in the same class of those guys are Arrington and Shelton.

Good topic.

Well done. That's about word-for-word what I was thinking.

All signs point towards 2006 being the better of the two years...another reason why that Bears' first-rounder last year was so controversial. It's all about depth in 06'. It's the depth that really separates the two years. With guys like Drew and Calhoun--two guys I honestly, in my heart of hearts, feel would have competed for the Heisman in 2006--Maroney, Addai and Norwood, they just blow the 05' second-tier guys out of the water.

2006 projects as Bush being the first RB off the board, followed by White and Williams, while 2005 just really doesn't compare with Ronnie Brown being the first off the board, Benson, a guy that put a ton of mileage on those legs at Texas, and Williams, whose career should match that of both White and DeAngelo Williams.

I'm thinking Packers in round three for Calhoun and Drew should find a home somewhere in the second round. It's just really one of the deeper classes in recent memory.

Well put, man. Anyone want to make a case for 2005?

I'd say the two classes are about even in the top 3, but 2006 takes the battle for it's depth. Here's how I see it:

R. Brown>R. Bush

C. Williams

C. Benson

C. Fason

???

I know I'm going to get killed for that first one, but Ronnie Brown is as fast as Bush, has as good if not better hands, blocks as well as a FB, and has the ability to play like Earl Campbell or Barry Sanders due to his combination of size & speed. DeAngelo has the edge on Cadillac because he's an APB, White is a less worn down version of Benson, Addai is a far more talented version of Fason, and I can't even remember who the 5th best RB was last year, but Maroney blows them out of the water in terms of talent.

I'm not going to kill you for that first statement, but I disagree with it. Bush will run a faster 40 time, one of the fastest in RB history in my opinion. I also put Bush's hands above Ronnie's. Ronnie was a freak in his own right, with his size and speed combination, but Bush's speed and hands are on a unique level in my opinion.

Well mine is all screwy because I dont have Bush as the top back but ah well here goes nothing.

In terms of potential:

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Carnell Williams

3. Lendale White

4. Deangelo Williams

5. Reggie Bush

6. Cedric Benson

Brown is the best of the backs because he has the best size/speed/hands of the group. Bush may be slightly faster and may even have slightly better hands, but there is no way that Bush will ever have the Size.

Carnell is the second in my opinion because he has the best field vision and instinct of any player on the list. Carnell is a Walter Payton type back, he punishes the defense and plays with his heart. There is no way to measure intagibles, but Carnell's are off the charts. Had he not suffered a slight injury during the year he would of put up rushing numbers for the ages.

White reminds me a lot of Brown, but he is going to be slower and not as good of hands.

Deangelo is a slightly lesser version of Carnell.

Bush Im just not a fan of.

Benson Im not a fan of.

As for 2nd tier rb's this year is by far and away much better, which is why the Bears pick last year was so terrible. Not only did they not pick Carnell, they picked a position that was stocked this year also.

• 2 weeks later...