What will the the order of the 3 QBs in Chicago?

QB Order in Chicago next year?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. QB Order in Chicago next year?

• Orton QB #1 -free agent QB #2-Grossman QB #3
    • Orton QB #1-draft pick QB #2-Grossman QB #3
    • free agent QB #1-Orton QB #2-Grossman QB #3
    • draft pick QB #1-Orton QB #2-Grossman QB #3
    • Orton QB #1-Grossman QB #2-Blake QB #3
    • free agent QB #1-draft pick QB #2-Orton QB #3
    • draft pick QB #1-draft pick QB #2-Orton QB #3
    • free agent QB #1-Orton QB #2-draft pick QB #3
    • draft pick QB #1-Orton QB #2-free agent QB #3
    • Other

Haha, and why don't you think Grossman as the #1 is the most likely?

I think they wanted him to be the #1 QB in 2004 but he got hurt and last year when he got hurt again he had lost his #1 job to Orton, but got lucky Orton played a really bad game and a half so was allowed to finish the year as starter. Did not impress that much in his playoff appearance doing so. He has pretty much had his chances to be starter and it is too late for him. Reading articles I can see what the coaches and GMs are hinting at, they are talking about Orton gaining more experience, and searching around for a free agent QB and draft pick QB to bolster competition. The writing is on the wall for Rex IMO.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
Well I could not fit another option and still have the "other" option.  Thus I had to determine the 9 most likely in order to fit them all in.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
I think they wanted him to be the #1 QB in 2004 but he got hurt and last year when he got hurt again he had lost his #1 job to Orton, but got lucky Orton played a really bad game and a half so was allowed to finish the year as starter.  Did not impress that much in his playoff appearance doing so.  He has pretty much had his chances to be starter and it is too late for him.  Reading articles I can see what the coaches and GMs are hinting at, they are talking about Orton gaining more experience, and searching around for a free agent QB and draft pick QB to bolster competition.  The writing is on the wall for Rex IMO.

Wow.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
I think they wanted him to be the #1 QB in 2004 but he got hurt and last year when he got hurt again he had lost his #1 job to Orton, but got lucky Orton played a really bad game and a half so was allowed to finish the year as starter.  Did not impress that much in his playoff appearance doing so.  He has pretty much had his chances to be starter and it is too late for him.  Reading articles I can see what the coaches and GMs are hinting at, they are talking about Orton gaining more experience, and searching around for a free agent QB and draft pick QB to bolster competition.  The writing is on the wall for Rex IMO.

.............and you say this despite the fact that Lovie Smith said "Rex Grossman is the #1 quarterback. Stop asking me."

:rolly

Get a clue.

I was confused for a bit why Grossman wasn't mentioned in the poll, but then I looked at who posted it, and it all made sense.

Grossman will be the starter to start the year next year. Orton will be the backup, and Blake will be the backup's backup. Randle El will be the backup's backup's backup.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
Drew Brees has not been signed by San Diego yet, does anybody think Chicago will try and sign him?

No way in hell.

I don't see Chicago signing any QB's, or drafting any with a real QB prospects.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:12 AM)
LMAO. Go OTHER!!!!!!  :headbang

20 votes for other. 1 vote for "FA, Orton, Draft Pick", and 1 vote for "Orton, Free Agent, Grossman"

I think I know who cast those other votes, LOL.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Drew Brees has not been signed by San Diego yet, does anybody think Chicago will try and sign him?

Lovie Smith was interviewed at the combine and he said they arent looking at other QB's and that the starting position is Rex's no matter what. So your answer is no. Be gone.