Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might just be going crazy, but aren't Frank's comments a couple weeks old?    And besides that it seemed like Frank being Frank.  I thought what Kenny said was completely unprofessional.  I'm not defending Frank's comments, but there is no issue here at all if Kenny just keeps his mouth shut.

Did you see this article?

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/ds.../pro/261sd1.htm

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
I cant stop laughing at this quote. That is something you would pull right off a message board or something. And our GM is said it publicly........ :ph34r:

He bit his tongue for so many weeks.

It was totally over.

Then Frank started it again.

Do you expect him to just say nothing. After a while when people say ridiculous things, someone will respond.

I really have no problem with this.

Frank does need to shut his mouth and worry about himself. The guy is damn near retirement and he needs to realize that. He is completely in outer space if he thinks he is in his prime.

He talks about 12 home runs in 105 at bats? Is he forgetting his was absolutely horrible besides that? He is a liability on any team. He can't field and he can't run. And he can't keep his damn mouth shut.

Have fun being a distraction all year in Oakland. And when he gets no PT out there because he is damn near crippled, he'll act like a victim there too.

Edited by aboz56

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
He bit his tongue for so many weeks.

It was totally over.

Then Frank started it again.

Do you expect him to just say nothing.  After a while when people say ridiculous things, someone will respond.

I really have no problem with this.

Frank does need to shut his mouth and worry about himself.  The guy is damn near retirement and he needs to realize that.  He is completely in outer space if he thinks he is in his prime.

He talks about 12 home runs in 105 at bats?  Is he forgetting his was absolutely horrible besides that?  He is a liability on any team.  He can't field and he can't run.  And he can't keep his damn mouth shut.

Have fun being a distraction all year in Oakland.  And when he gets no PT out there because he is damn near crippled, he'll act like a victim there too.

Amen. It's not like it's going to affect how we play on the field. At some point enough is enough for everybody, and KW was tired of it. I think it's great.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
Boz, would you have really had a problem with when Kenny saying " We are focused on 2006, and Frank isnt a part of it. Next question"

Take the high road for once guys. We are the Champs. Lets set an example for the rest of the league, instead of having countless distractions pop up for no reason.

KW has taken the high road for a long, long time wrt Frank. Enough was finally enough for the guy.

WHat distractions are there going to be? We don't have any games for a month.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Boz, would you have really had a problem with when Kenny saying " We are focused on 2006, and Frank isnt a part of it. Next question"

Take the high road for once guys. We are the Champs. Lets set an example for the rest of the league, instead of having countless distractions pop up for no reason.

I wish it were that easy. We were sounding like the NE Patriots. Everything was about the team, and everything was right. Players were all saying '05 was in the past, and they have to realize that it's a new year, a new prize to go after. However, this is just wrong. I don't want to ignore the fact that Frank's wrong too, but KW isn't right for getting this out in the media either.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)

Didn't Kenny do that last time? Everybody has a limit. I'd be mad to if somebody kept insinuating that I was a liar or that I sold him out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)

^^^^

Not saying Frank is innocent in all this -- far from it -- but it's ironic how, in the days of big paychecks and guys not staying loyal to their teams, Frank is being (and will be) blasted for wanting to stay with the only MLB team he's ever known. He certainly hasn't gone about saying it the right way (and again, I'll use the expression, far from it), but this is dissappointing to see it end this way.

In 2008-'09, I want to be celebrating having a new statue in/around US Cellular, along with a new jersey number on the outfield wall. This isn't a good start to that dream...

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
I wish it were that easy.  We were sounding like the NE Patriots.  Everything was about the team, and everything was right.  Players were all saying '05 was in the past, and they have to realize that it's a new year, a new prize to go after.  However, this is just wrong.  I don't want to ignore the fact that Frank's wrong too, but KW isn't right for getting this out in the media either.

I think that's exactly the point of Kenny's statements. He is obviously extremely proud of the "team atmosphere" or, as you put it, the NE Patriot attitude, which this team had last season and is taking into this season. KW's point wasn't so much to badmouth Frank's abilities but to highlight the REAL difference between Frank and Thome and why the move had to be made. Jim Thome would NEVER make comments like Frank did today or has in the past. KW reinforced everyone's suspicions that Frank was nothing more than a cancer in the plans KW has for this franchise.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
^^^^

Not saying Frank is innocent in all this -- far from it -- but it's ironic how, in the days of big paychecks and guys not staying loyal to their teams, Frank is being (and will be) blasted for wanting to stay with the only MLB team he's ever known.  He certainly hasn't gone about saying it the right way (and again, I'll use the expression, far from it), but this is dissappointing to see it end this way.

In 2008-'09, I want to be celebrating having a new statue in/around US Cellular, along with a new jersey number on the outfield wall.  This isn't a good start to that dream...

The Sox winning last season sealed Frank's fate. If we were a .500 ballclub Frank would have been invited back. We're trying to defend a championship, hardly the atmosphere to be sentimental to washed up, injured players.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
I wish it were that easy.  We were sounding like the NE Patriots.  Everything was about the team, and everything was right.  Players were all saying '05 was in the past, and they have to realize that it's a new year, a new prize to go after.  However, this is just wrong.  I don't want to ignore the fact that Frank's wrong too, but KW isn't right for getting this out in the media either.

You keep saying that, but the Patriots have had their share of b****ing and whining. Ty Law threw his team under the bus countless times while he was there over contracts and his friends leaving the team, and afterwards when he left the team he had words about Belichek again. Two years ago in the playoffs, Rodney Harrison b****ed the whole time about how his team was not picked to win again and they were disrespected(even though we all had a pretty good idea that the Patriots were going to win). This year, it was Tom Brady crying to the papers about how they were disrespected. Its the same everywhere, we have just never experienced a world championship and the media scrutiny that accompanies it, the Patriots are far from perfect.

Yah, I'm not really concerned with acting like the NE Patriots. Even if we were, it ain't gonna happen with two outspoken guys like Ozzie and Kenny at the helm. And while I would have preferred that Kenny didn't publicly say what he did, overall as an organization, I think we handle ourselves quite well.

I wouldn't mind duplicating their championship run, though.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Shut up Kenny.  Please.  Just STFU.  Take the high road.  What Frank said wasn't that bad.

You seem to be one of the few that thinks that. Kenny was pushed and prodded until he couldn't just shut up about it anymore. If he had kept quiet, he'd just be a pussy that wouldn't stand up for his own team. From the way it sounds, the players are glad that Frank is gone and this whole thing could be a benefit to the chemistry. KW sees himself as a part of the team, and he won't let a spoiled fatass like Thomas speak so poorly of the organization as a whole.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
:bang WOW

it wasn't even close to being as bad as what KW said. Frank never called JR an idiot. Never. He just said he was upset how it ended and you know what I agree with him. Do I think he should of opened his mouth like that. No i don't but I think he has a right to be upset after the way Kenny treated him this off season. Kenny never checked out his health or made any real effort to try and get something done with Frank. Look at through Frank's perspective.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
it wasn't even close to being as bad as what KW said.  Frank never called JR an idiot.  Never.  He just said he was upset how it ended and you know what I agree with him.  Do I think he should of opened his mouth like that.  No i don't but I think he has a right to be upset after the way Kenny treated him this off season.  Kenny never checked out his health or made any real effort to try and get something done with Frank.  Look at through Frank's perspective.

Frank's acting like a whiny little b****. I wish KW would have acted more professional, and just kept his mouth shut. However, it's no secret to those within the organization that very few people liked Frank Thomas. Also, I'm not so sure there's going to be a reconciliation any time soon.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
You seem to be one of the few that thinks that.  Kenny was pushed and prodded until he couldn't just shut up about it anymore.  If he had kept quiet, he'd just be a pussy that wouldn't stand up for his own team.  From the way it sounds, the players are glad that Frank is gone and this whole thing could be a benefit to the chemistry.  KW sees himself as a part of the team, and he won't let a spoiled fatass like Thomas speak so poorly of the organization as a whole.

fatass? 6 months ago he was god around here? Am I the only Frank Thomas fan left?