Kenny Fires Back At Frank

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
This stuff happens with every organization.  Did people really expect a pleasant "break-up" with Thomas?  The guy has rarely said the right thing in the media.  It's funny how a few years ago, there were arguments about who's the bigger asshole, Frank or Sammy Sosa.  One guy was a steroid using ass, and the other is a non-steroid using ass. 

The sooner this nonsense blows over, the better it will be for the Sox.

I truly believe things would be different had they sat Frank down and told them what their plans were.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
But is Frank lying,  though?  We know what happened with Maggs last year.  Ventura didn't leave on the best of terms.  Ozzie even admitted he was pissed off at the way he left.  Again,  Frank should keep quiet.  But is there any truth to what he's saying?

He is stating this as other organizations would have done things differently. I highly doubt that to be true. Maggs had an injury he wouldn't even let white sox doctors look at. Ventura didn't? I never heard of anything like that. Ozzie was done when he left here. What he is insinuating is wrong. He is saying it like other organizations would have kept them. What about all the players that left on good terms? Why not mention them? He is right in that they left on bad terms, but wrong for insinuating that other organiations would have handled the players differently.

Kenny is lying either. Frank is a selfish idiot. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
Did he say anything that's not true? Or did he hit too close to home for you guys? What he has said is pretty true if you look back over the years. Ozzie, Robin, Maggs, now him.

I don't recall Robin leaving on bad terms. I do recall a bunch of players leaving on good terms as well. Carl Everett, Aaron Rowand, Miguel Olivo, Greg Walker, Roberto Alomar, and Sandy Alomar Jr. just to name a few. Why did he not mention them?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:40 AM)
I truly believe things would be different had they sat Frank down and told them what their plans were.

Then I trully believe you look through life drinking Frank Thomas Koolaid. You are definitely high on something. He would have found something else to complain and whine about.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
I think taking the high-road very well could happen. He'll say something like, "I just stated my opinions the White Sox. I have nothing to say to Kenny Williams nor do I owe him a comment. Thank you."

Or he could go balls in and say, "Look at how they handled the Magglio situation last year. Ask Scott Eyre if he's happy with the White Sox as an organization."

Even though Thomas would love to extend the war-of-words, and thus defend his pride, it would probably annoy Williams even more if he shrugged it off.

Although I'll say one thing here--I don't want to read articles from anyone within the Chicago media entirely blaming Williams and Reinsdorf, whereas portraying Thomas as innocent. I"ll be upset for one reason: practically the entire media treated Thomas like s*** for years. Their attitudes should remain the same of him if there is any consistency--which is unlikely. Even during his departure, his accomplishments were practically ignored. We had to endure the articles criticizing him for 10+years of discontent.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
I don't recall Robin leaving on bad terms. I do recall a bunch of players leaving on good terms as well. Carl Everett, Aaron Rowand, Miguel Olivo, Greg Walker, Roberto Alomar, and Sandy Alomar Jr. just to name a few. Why did he not mention them?

Roberto Alomar and Miguel Olivo left on awful terms. Don't you remember Alomar pretty much calling KW a liar.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Even though Thomas would love to extend the war-of-words, and thus defend his pride, it would probably annoy Williams even more if he shrugged it off.

Although I'll say one thing here--I don't want to read articles from anyone within the Chicago media entirely blaming Williams and Reinsdorf, whereas portraying Thomas as innocent. I"ll be upset for one reason: practically the entire media treated Thomas like s*** for years. There attitudes should remain the same of him if there is any consistency.  Even during his departure, his accomplishments were practically ignored. We had to endure the articles criticizing him for 10+years of discontent.

Mariotti will be back in Chicago. He'll have fun with this.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
You'd think with all the money these guys make, they'd be able to afford phones so they could call each other?

That would've worked as well. I still think it would've been better to have a face to face sit down. A meesage on voicemail just doesn't cut it. If we're talking Geoff Blum, fine. But the greatest player in franchise history deserves a little more than that.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:46 AM)
Roberto Alomar and Miguel Olivo left on awful terms.  Don't you remember Alomar pretty much calling KW a liar.

Nope, I don't remember either leaving on bad terms. I remember Olivo crying because he didn't want to leave the White Sox organization. That should say something for the organization right there when a player doesn't want to leave so badly that he cries. How did he leave on bad terms? What did Kenny lie about according to Alomar? Please show me something or try to refresh my memory.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)

I thought Olivo was pissed when he found out he had been traded and was also sad too. I don't know if I'd call that leaving on good terms.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
Will agree to disagree.

There is not another choice as far as I can see it. Past history dictates he is a constant complainer and until I see a change from him I will have to go on what he has done in the past. b**** b**** and more b****. The only thing some are complaining about on here is that Kenny finally provided some chesse to go along with Frank's whine.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
I thought Olivo was pissed when he found out he had been traded and was also sad too. I don't know if I'd call that leaving on good terms.

Nope, never heard he was pissed. Never heard Robin was pissed and I never heard R. Alomar was pissed or called KW a liar. I think all of these are mad up accusations until I get to see some proof.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Nope, never heard he was pissed. Never heard Robin was pissed and I never heard R. Alomar was pissed or called KW a liar. I think all of these are mad up accusations until I get to see some proof.

I honestly don't remember with Robin, but I remember Olivo and Alomar. Alomar especially after he left the first time and signed with the D-Backs. He was really discontent. That's not made up.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
Mariotti will be back in Chicago.  He'll have fun with this.

That's the one person I was thinking of.

I know he'll probably flip flop and use the opportunity to insult Reinsdorf, but he was practically leading the pact of Thomas opponents. Or, "The Big Blurt" as he called him.

From January 26th: "Big Blurt Showing His True Colors."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay29.html

Here's the quote that most touches on JR. More detail than necessary, so noone here whines about "out of context":

He left me a message a week after all that blew up in Chicago. I never got back because it's a done deal now. What's he going to tell me now, a week later, after the whole city has made their point? I've got a lot of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf, I do. But I really thought, the relationship we had over the last 16 years, he would have picked up the phone to say, "Big guy, we're moving forward. We're going somewhere different. We don't know your situation or what's going to happen." I can live with that. I really can.

But treating me like some passing-by player? I've got no respect for that.

That's it? A quote that includes "I've got a lot of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf, I do" is a devastating personal rebuke? What drama.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
That would've worked as well.  I still think it would've been better to have a face to face sit down.  A meesage on voicemail just doesn't cut it.  If we're talking Geoff Blum,  fine.  But the greatest player in franchise history deserves a little more than that.

Yah, Kenny should have remembered that Frank doesn't respond to phone calls. Apparently he forgot about the last few offseasons where Frank wouldn't return phone calls. And why would he? Its only the boss calling.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 02:52 AM)
I remember Alomar as well not being fond of KW.

f*** Alomar then. Point being more players have left here on good terms than bad and Frank doesn't mention the players that left on good terms. He would like to point out only the players that left on bad terms because that suits his argument.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
There is not another choice as far as I can see it. Past history dictates he is a constant complainer and until I see a change from him I will have to go on what he has done in the past. b**** b**** and more b****. The only thing some are complaining about on here is that Kenny finally provided some chesse to go along with Frank's whine.

Past history doesn't dictate jack. You can't just assume Frank would've blown up regardeless. As has been mentioned, Frank had really mellowed out over the last few years. He was very proffesional and did nothing but support the team during their playoff run. He could've easily whined then. Frank is not Terrell Owens.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006