Bad News: Son little league team is the cubs

KeithFranklin

QUOTE(KeithFranklin @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
Of all the years for this to happen.

When I was young I had to play little league for the Cubs for 2 years. We had to wear actual Cubs caps. It was brutal. I would only put it on when I was on the field. As soon as the third out was made, off it went. I also threw it in the trash at the field the last game of the season.

I am really sorry to hear that because this really means a lot to kids. i grew up in a HUGE cubs family but my first team in 1989 when i was 8 was the Sox, I was also assigned number 13. So the rest is history. I fell in love with the sox and Ozzie. Luckily my family didnt resist much when i switched sides.

So if i were you, you should do as much as possible to make sure your kid doesnt switch sides.

In organized ball, I was on the Twins, Red Sox, Pirates, Tigers and Indians.

Of course, when I played back in the Dark Ages, we had to buy plain t-shirts with the park's name on them in Pee Wee league and then we had our sponsor on the front of the jerseys from Little League on.

so I played on the "maroon Twins", the "red Red Sox" ( yes, that's how the park referred to us ), the Zemsky Bros. Pirates, the Talman Bank Tigers and the McDonald's Indians.

:bang :lol:

Heh, in little league I was on the Knights. Yes, we thoroughly sucked balls.

I was #57. But I doubt Baj can pull the rare feat that I did....batting .100 with an OBP of .650. This was with at least 35 PA too. Has something like twenty stolen bases. Too bad I couldn't hit a ball if my life depended on it. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Heh, in little league I was on the Knights. Yes, we thoroughly sucked balls.

I was #57. But I doubt Baj can pull the rare feat that I did....batting .100 with an OBP of .650. This was with at least 35 PA too. Has something like twenty stolen bases. Too bad I couldn't hit a ball if my life depended on it. :P

That was my little league career to a T. I don't think I had a hit leave the infield, but still managed to lead the league in walks and steals almost every year. I got to be a pretty good bunter by the end to say the least.

There was a year in little league when I was on the Cubs, my oldest brother was on the Cubs and my other brother was on the White Sox. All of us were in different levels. My team lost every game. Plus I wasn't on the All-Star team because the coach's son made it. At least that's how I remember it.

QUOTE(jenksd @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
The grade school I attended started a softball team my 8th grade year. We were the Knights and I got ejected from the first game in the first inning of the season for telling the homeplate ump to go f*** himself. I WAS SAFE.

Let it go, maaaaaan....

:P :D

My best year in little league was with the White Sox. I had 54 strikeouts in 26 innings (we could only pitch 2 innings per game, and I only remember that because it's on my trophy that my coach gave me at the end of the year :P ), and most of the other outs were on grounders back to me or popups to myself. My fielders and whole team sucked so bad, that one time I even had to run over to first base and catch the ball because the first baseman sucked really bad. After I did that, my dad came out of the stands and when I got on the bench at the end of the inning, he yelled at me and called me selfish, bad sport, and all that Jazz. I was 9 at the time so I ran off and started crying.