Official High School Baseball Thread

Post it here guys. Baseball is back in high school. Our team has been practicing outside now and our rotation is looking solid. The hitting has been outstanding so far as well. If you want to keep up with IHSA baseball, I highly reccomment this site: http://www.ihsbaseballreport.com/index.php

Edited by SoxFan1

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Yeah, except Oak Forest would probably beat your team's ass by 7 or 8 runs.  What conference are you in, I've never heard of your school?

Oak forest is good but the last couple seasons they have underachieved. Czarnecki is legendary though so anything can happen.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Post it here guys. Baseball is back in high school. Our team has been practicing outside now and our rotation is looking solid. The hitting has been outstanding so far as well. If you want to keep up with IHSA baseball, I highly reccomment this site: http://www.ihsbaseballreport.com

I currenly write for this website

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
I currenly write for this website

Really?

BTW, my circle change is sickening. That is all.

Oh, and Pauly...we are in the Chicago Public Conference. Notables in our conference: Whitney Young, Walter Payton, Simeon, Northside, Morgan Park, Lincoln Park, Lake View, Jones, Hubbard, Curie, and Lane...

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Yeah, except Oak Forest would probably beat your team's ass by 7 or 8 runs.  What conference are you in, I've never heard of your school?

Our conference sucks ass though so it should be easy for them to win.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
Our conference sucks ass though so it should be easy for them to win.

Meh, they play a tough schedule outside of the conference.

SF1, I dont know how tough that conference is, but it doesnt seem like it'd be a very strong baseball conference, and talking yourself up is just obnoxious.

EDIT: I'm an ice hockey goalie, should I go on the boards here and suggest that my glove saves are Brodeur-like? Or tell everyone that I go from post to post more smoothly than everyone? I dont know, bad comparisons maybe, but still, talking about your team is one thing, but hyping yourself is ridiculous.

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)
Meh, they play a tough schedule outside of the conference.

SF1, I dont know how tough that conference is, but it doesnt seem like it'd be a very strong baseball conference, and talking yourself up is just obnoxious.

EDIT:  I'm an ice hockey goalie, should I go on the boards here and suggest that my glove saves are Brodeur-like?  Or tell everyone that I go from post to post more smoothly than everyone?  I dont know, bad comparisons maybe, but still, talking about your team is one thing, but hyping yourself is ridiculous.

Well, uum, okay. Thanks coach. I am not hyping myself up, it is small talk in what is supposed to be a high school baseball thread. First off, I was excited that they wrote an article and included me in it. Obviously, our school doesn't get much press. And by joking that my change-up is nasty, I am hyping myself up? If you say so. But of course, saying your school will whip my school's ass by 7 or 8 runs is not ridiculous. Of course not.

I am not here to promote myself or my team but to promote high school baseball. A majority of high school athletes choose basketball over any other sports and to be honest, baseball is slipping in rank at schools around the US and this thread is here to celebrate those who bust their ass for the love of the game. Thanks for the hockey analogy though.

If you were joking, my apology, but you seemed pretty serious. And me saying that was really a joke, I think OF is a bit overrated with the exception of our stud pitcher and a few outfielders. We weren't very good defensively last year, and its widely known that OF statisticians pad our players stats.

yea indiana rankings come out march 13 as do team previews... cant wait.... whats illinois premier summer league team called? ours is the indiana bulls and i made the team as a pitcher... so if any of you guys play for a illinois team over the summer maybe ill see ya

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
If you were joking, my apology, but you seemed pretty serious.  And me saying that was really a joke, I think OF is a bit overrated with the exception of our stud pitcher and a few outfielders.  We weren't very good defensively last year, and its widely known that OF statisticians pad our players stats.

Oh, we're cool then. Just a misunderstanding. I do have a nasty change though. :P What the name of your stud pitcher guy again? John Kochninsky or something like that right? I've heard of him before.

My school's team is a joke ever since Jeff Samardzija left. The coach is ruining the program and a few of the really good players who would probably the best player on the team at my school just don't play baseball for him because he is such a bad coach.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Oh, we're cool then. Just a misunderstanding. I do have a nasty change though.  :P What the name of your stud pitcher guy again? John Kochninsky or something like that right? I've heard of him before.

IMO, Johnny is one of the overrated guys, Norkus is the stud pitcher, a lefty with a good hook and a pretty hard fastball. And he's a good 1B that can hit.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Must be a weak team  :P

Cries. But honesty, we have been playing like hot ass lately and our first game is next week. Seems as if he wants to put me at first now but at this point, I have no clue what is going on. All I know is that we play on Thursday and that I have practice at 7:30 AM on a Saturday.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
sorry it musta got f***ed up.... merrivile right?

Nah Valparaiso. I remember you go to some south of here town that is two words and begins with a B? What class are you in, and how's the team looking this year? We are going to suck.