Official High School Baseball Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Are you serious?

You know, man, I think I am. He has no plans for me to play any serious amount of time, he cuts short my warmup time, he even took away my jersey. I was number forty two for our away jersey. He gave us our home jerseys. For that, he gave my 42 to someone else. Gave me fifty. I told my friend who got 42 if he'd mind trading with me, so my uniforms could match, with the Coach's consent. He said, "What jersey did I give you?" and I said, "50" so he said, "Then that's what you'll wear."

Funny, because before, with the Away jersey, he'd let me choose my own.

Told me that I'd have to play with two different numbers. And then he TOOK AWAY my 42 because "It was Jackie Robinson's number." I said, "Yeah, but this isn't the Major Leagues. And players here have worn it before." He shrugged and took it from me. I like forty two.

THEN we were in the locker room and got our white pants. I'd changed, was fully dressed, and he says, "Take your pants off and give them to Nate. He's a better player and needs smaller pants. You take his pants," and gave me pants five times too big. I tucked in, didn't complain, whatever. It's a sport, and I'm new, and I can get by with big pants.

Well, I did. Got out ready to play. He didn't play me. Told me he'd give me at least an at-bat. Didn't give it to me. Moved me from Left Field and Center Field, where I feel I belong, and put me in Second. When I wasn't good at first, benched me and made me be his catcher when typically another Coach does that for him.

He has no serious intention of ever letting me play. He's taken me from the positions I feel comfortable playing. He takes away my uniforms. He's a mother f***er, and if I were in the cards for the team then I'd stay but he doesn't intend to play me!

I've got no problem practicing with friends individually and playing with others autonomously of HS baseball. It's better than being a Benchwarmer because my coach won't give me a chance because he wants to play the role of Dusty Baker.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
You know, man, I think I am. He has no plans for me to play any serious amount of time, he cuts short my warmup time, he even took away my jersey. I was number forty two for our away jersey. He gave us our home jerseys. For that, he gave my 42 to someone else. Gave me fifty. I told my friend who got 42 if he'd mind trading with me, so my uniforms could match, with the Coach's consent. He said, "What jersey did I give you?" and I said, "50" so he said, "Then that's what you'll wear."

Funny, because before, with the Away jersey, he'd let me choose my own.

Told me that I'd have to play with two different numbers. And then he TOOK AWAY my 42 because "It was Jackie Robinson's number." I said, "Yeah, but this isn't the Major Leagues. And players here have worn it before." He shrugged and took it from me. I like forty two.

THEN we were in the locker room and got our white pants. I'd changed, was fully dressed, and he says, "Take your pants off and give them to Nate. He's a better player and needs smaller pants. You take his pants," and gave me pants five times too big. I tucked in, didn't complain, whatever. It's a sport, and I'm new, and I can get by with big pants.

Well, I did. Got out ready to play. He didn't play me. Told me he'd give me at least an at-bat. Didn't give it to me. Moved me from Left Field and Center Field, where I feel I belong, and put me in Second. When I wasn't good at first, benched me and made me be his catcher when typically another Coach does that for him.

He has no serious intention of ever letting me play. He's taken me from the positions I feel comfortable playing. He takes away my uniforms. He's a mother f***er, and if I were in the cards for the team then I'd stay but he doesn't intend to play me!

I've got no problem practicing with friends individually and playing with others autonomously of HS baseball. It's better than being a Benchwarmer because my coach won't give me a chance because he wants to play the role of Dusty Baker.

If I were you, I wouldn't quit. Have a talk with your coach and see what's going on. It's always better to ask up front than to complain and just quit. Work hard and your game and there is no reason not to get PT.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
If I were you, I wouldn't quit. Have a talk with your coach and see what's going on. It's always better to ask up front than to complain and just quit. Work hard and your game and there is no reason not to get PT.

He refuses to talk to me about any of this. Just shrugs me off and says he's got to take care of his other players first. The funny thing is that I never complained about any of this until about two days ago, and at that point he just told me to suck it up and maybe I'll get playing time. I don't need his bulls***, so I quit.

Oh guys....HS baseball up north doesnt compare with a little Texas Hardball down here baby JK :)...anyway got a sweet little write up in the paper about us, all Juniors in possibly the toughest conference in our class in the state and yet we're in the thick of the playoff race, so its all going pretty good...hitting .310 starting RF on V bat 9 hole but its all good hopefully I can field a little better, I get the worst jumps ever on balls

i hit 85 in november and ive been working out pretty damn hard since then... i bet i can touch 87 or so now when its warm. on average low to mid 80s... curves prob my best pitch. Im gonna work hard while playing for the Indiana bulls though and train since im only a junior to get up to 90.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 07:46 AM)
He refuses to talk to me about any of this. Just shrugs me off and says he's got to take care of his other players first. The funny thing is that I never complained about any of this until about two days ago, and at that point he just told me to suck it up and maybe I'll get playing time. I don't need his bulls***, so I quit.

I didn't get the whole story, but you quit over a number? In a few years, you will regret it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
Hahaha, my team lost every single game over spring break. I hear that almost the whole varsity team was gone so varsity was pretty much all JV players.

You actually went on spring break when your team had games and/or practices?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Hmmm, a week in Alaska or a week of running and games?

But seriously, I considered staying until I figured that the coach missing a pitcher for a week would be excellent payback for him nailing me in the foot on purpose and putting me out for almost 2 weeks.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
If that's the sport I loved, I would rather be playin games and practicing.

Family comes first to me. And trust me, I love baseball more than just about anything but I could not pass up the opportunity to visit my godfather who I havent seen since I was like 9, and also to experience the wild outdoors of Alaska. What's done is done and I do not regret going to Alaska one bit.