Official High School Baseball Thread

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 01:02 AM)
I couldn't decide between....

Harry Doyle: SF1 gets the starting call today. We hear he matured a lot over the winter, apparently he's bathing now. Congratulations, SF1. As you know, Monte, SF1 is working on a couple of new pitches. The Eliminator and the Humilator to complement his fastball, the Terminator.

Monte: I heard that.

Harry Doyle: Dynamite drop-in Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.

or

Opponent: What do you call that garbage?

SF1: It's my eliminator. I've got another pitch. You get a piece of it, I'll let you name it.

[sF1 pitches and opponent hits the ball out of the park]

Opponent: I'd, uh, call it the masturbator.

Haha. :fight :D

Bet you can't hit it though....Next SoxTalk outing. Softball. Oh. Yes. :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saddened by my baseball season. I've never played sports in school before, and on my first few days of practice -- I joined hte team late, at that, too late for fundamentals training -- I had a gash across the back of my right ankle, making all running hard. When that healed, a boy thought it a good idea to boot me in the left thigh and bruise me badly, making movement hard. Further, I have a weak throwing arm, relatively weak, because of a shoulder injury (I need surgery to repair my shoulder) and now that all my lower body was getting better, I pulled my groin.

Needless to say, on the bases I've absolutely sucked trying to run and trying to field balls. Plus my glove is old and broken, with two of the fingers ripped. Our opener is Saturday, and I'm not likely to even see playing time -- in fact, I haven't had more than two at-bats, not even during practice!

Everytime I go out there I feel like, oh, Joe Borchard.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
I'm saddened by my baseball season. I've never played sports in school before, and on my first few days of practice -- I joined hte team late, at that, too late for fundamentals training -- I had a gash across the back of my right ankle, making all running hard. When that healed, a boy thought it a good idea to boot me in the left thigh and bruise me badly, making movement hard. Further, I have a weak throwing arm, relatively weak, because of a shoulder injury (I need surgery to repair my shoulder) and now that all my lower body was getting better, I pulled my groin.

Needless to say, on the bases I've absolutely sucked trying to run and trying to field balls. Plus my glove is old and broken, with two of the fingers ripped. Our opener is Saturday, and I'm not likely to even see playing time -- in fact, I haven't had more than two at-bats, not even during practice!

Everytime I go out there I feel like, oh, Joe Borchard.

Wow. And I thought I was injury prone. Keep at it and get a better workout regimen, that will help you avoid those tiny nagging injuries.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Wow. And I thought I was injury prone. Keep at it and get a better workout regimen, that will help you avoid those tiny nagging injuries.

No, no, hahaha. I'm not injury prone. These were all freak accidents.

A shard of glass ripped my ankle up when I made a diving catch. A boy kicked me! My shoulder has always been screwed up, but it isn't much of a problem. My groin was not pulled -- I was wrong. Went to a Doctor today, and he said I had a minor bruise in my muscle from something, but that I'd be good to go.

I hope my Coach lets me play an inning or two tomorrow.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Our Season starts tomorrow.

Bowen versus Chicago Ag tomorrow. We beat them in the Finals last year. :)

You play for Bowen or CHSAS? We lost to CHSAS the other day on a missed runner interference call by the ump. Our regular season conference games begin tommorrow as well. Brooks vs Payton.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
You play for Bowen or CHSAS? We lost to CHSAS the other day on a missed runner interference call by the ump. Our regular season conference games begin tommorrow as well. Brooks vs Payton.

I play for CHSAS.

Was the game that they played you guys in a 1-0 decision? I wasn't able to attend that game because I was ill. I have been sick as hell all week. Parts of last week, too.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I play for CHSAS.

Was the game that they played you guys in a 1-0 decision? I wasn't able to attend that game because I was ill. I have been sick as hell all week. Parts of last week, too.

Yup, the final score was 1-0. Then the ump called the game in the 6th for "darkness" aka "I got somewhere to go." :headshake You guys have a helluva nice field though. The White Sox sponsored/paid for it right? I love that big Sox logo in the middle. Only thing is that my stomach was killing me. All those chemicals and pesticides and s*** you guys got... :puke

Oh, and tell some of your classmates that flip-flops don't come out until May. :headshake

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Yup, the final score was 1-0. Then the ump called the game in the 6th for "darkness" aka "I got somewhere to go."  :headshake You guys have a helluva nice field though. The White Sox sponsored/paid for it right? I love that big Sox logo in the middle. Only thing is that my stomach was killing me. All those chemicals and pesticides and s*** you guys got... :puke

Oh, and tell some of your classmates that flip-flops don't come out until May. :headshake

The White Sox paid for it and sent a bunch of their players to meet us at the opening last year. It was an incredibly decent and nice thing for them to do.

I'll let you tell my teammates that when you see them again, mate. I am still a rookie, after all! :P

CHSAS beat Bowen. 11-0. Mercy Rule.

At the end, our pitcher accidentally beaned their batter, and the batter was going to charge the mound but seemingly thought better of it as he took about five feet foward. He stopped. Was swearing at our pitcher, who approached him saying, "Hey, I'm sorry, it wasn't deliberate" and then the charger began to walk toward him somewhat angrily but completely slowly. Then it was broken up before a fight could be had.

Interesting Opening Day.

QUOTE(Fourofakind @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Everybody knows that La Porte Slicer baseball is the best around.  Looking for our ninth state shampionship this year.

Lets play Basketball. :)

Beat the s*** out of my HS's team this year (Valpo). I don't like much of anybody on the team and the coach is awful.