Preseason Baseball-White Sox v. Angels Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Inning over on a groundout. I think it's pretty safe to say that Javier Lopez has won the second lefty job. I saw an interview of him on WhiteSox.com and he seems to be a great guy and great clubhouse guy.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
Inning over on a groundout.  I think it's pretty safe to say that Javier Lopez has won the second lefty job.  I saw an interview of him on WhiteSox.com and he seems to be a great guy and great clubhouse guy.

So does that mean we should anticipate KW trying to swing a deal involving Munoz before the end of the spring?

Listen- the comments I made about Broadway are based on what I saw today.

I also heard that his FB is 90-92 mph and that is what I expected when he came in. Obviously he isn't ready for ML hitting because he hasn't even been in the minors for a full season yet, but his stuff doesn't look good enough to warrant his high draft status. I am not one of those guys that think that you have to have a monster fastball or K a lot of batters to be a good pitcher. If you get batters out, then good. But Broadway doesn't look like he has the stuff to do that at the major league level. He just gets rocked. I am not writing him off yet-but the preliminary signs don't look good.

Edited by southsida86

Lopez does another good job.  That's now 4 innings of scoreless ball this spring.  I love the delivery.  If he throws strikes,  I think he'll be alright.

His delivery f***ing owns. He only throws around 85 MPH but sidearmers obviously just don't throw that hard. It would be sweet if he could be a cheaper version of Mike Myers for us. He is definately fun to watch pitch.

So does that mean we should anticipate KW trying to swing a deal involving Munoz before the end of the spring?

The Sox just outrighted Munoz. He still has to clear waivers. The reason I say that Lopez has probably won the LOOGY job is because he just got two righties out with RISP.