NBA seeks to ban tights next season

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
That's such bulls***. Players seem to wear them for better compresion. Also, in a lot of areans, hockey rinks are underneath the court, so, it can be cold. Having such things are useful.

Players got a long just fine the previous 60 years in the NBA without resorting to tights.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
That's such bulls***. Players seem to wear them for better compresion. Also, in a lot of areans, hockey rinks are underneath the court, so, it can be cold. Having such things are useful.

Please, NBA players wear them to "look good." I am sure that 7 foot tall, sweaty men, can deal with the "cold" coming from underneath the court. Come on, Kobe wore those tights like a queer. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
The NBA is beyond ridiculous.  They continue to drive me more and more to the college game by worrying about such trivial things.  Plus I always though the tights were used for compression. 

No one is going to tell me they are stylish.

You know they were meant for trying to stand out, but they look f***in' ridiculous.

Purple tights under yellow shorts isn't meant to be more of a fashion statement?

I don't completely agree with the dress code when they are off the court, but I certainly do agree with standardizing uniforms while on the court. The NBA is certainly within their right. Personally, I also don't like seeing that players now wear something underneath their jerseys.

And it only would have been a matter of time before some players came out wearing speedskating suits under their uniforms.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
Whether you think they're ugly or not, there is 0 reason to ban them.  I agree with the others who said the NBA and NFL are starting to piss them off.

0 reason? The NBA can regulate what the players wear on the court. Seems like 100% reason to me.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
the question isnt if they can... its why....

Because it looks ridiculous. The NBA is a business, a product, and it has uniform regulations just like many other companies do. They have a right to protect their image.

And the NBA isn't all that strict. AI gets to wear his sleeve and 'Sheed always has shoe straps flapping all over the place, just to name a couple.

Let's be completely honest, it's done more as a fashion statement than for actual use.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
0 reason?  The NBA can regulate what the players wear on the court.  Seems like 100% reason to me.

I didn't say they can't, I said they have no reason to. Seriously, what the hell is the point?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
All I can say is good. I saw some wearing white ones, I forgot who they were but they looked terrible.

LeBron did, and they did look stupid, but banning them is retarded.

So should they not be able to wear Brace's either. I realize Brace's deal more with an injury thing but Kobe wore those compression tights because he said they helped him respond in back to back games, etc. Plus it helped keep his muscles warm when he was working back from an injury.

I don't go to the game to see what the players wear, I go or watch because I want to see them play.

The NBA needs to realize that. The dress code isn't the issue, its the lack of fundementals in this league thats the problem.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
The NBA is beyond ridiculous.  They continue to drive me more and more to the college game by worrying about such trivial things.  Plus I always though the tights were used for compression. 

No one is going to tell me they are stylish.

The college game has passed the NBA, by quite a bit, in my eyes.