Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I go to Purdue University and have to use Gameday as well. MLB.tv has the Sox game blacked out here... BLAH... Oh, and about Contreras... Is he going to be able to start tomorrow? Does anyone have any information on him?

Gates at 11am

20,000 Replica Rings

What is the latest you think someone will get there and still get a ring?

I'm hoping that by 11:30 there are still rings, am I being too optomistic?

any input appreciated!

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
Yeah, I go to Purdue University and have to use Gameday as well. MLB.tv has the Sox game blacked out here... BLAH... Oh, and about Contreras... Is he going to be able to start tomorrow? Does anyone have any information on him?

You should change the location on your mlb.tv account to Dublin or something, I hear that works for blackouts.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)

The latest probables I see is Lee vs. Contreras on Wednesday.

you guys... this is f***ing SICK! its 9:03AM here in cali... i got to work 30 minutes ago.... am drinking my morning cup of coffee.... and i get to look foward to the second game of the season in 2 measly hours! f***ING AWSOME!!!!

LETS GO SOX!

i think garcia's gonna be lights out for at least the first 5 innings

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
Today's lineup, per Scott Reifert's blog...

Mackowiak, CF

I understand ozzie wants more lefties in the lineup, but BA looked great the other night and i think Mackowiak is much more valuable coming off the bench (he can play pretty much any position).

I know it is early to start b****ing about ozzie's lineups, and i know we will see stuff like this all season, but I really want to see BA get as many at bats as possible.

Ozzie said in spring training that Mack would be getting a good amount of starts this year, BA won't be getting a lot of opportunities against tough righties which Westbrook is. This should really come as a surprise to no one.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
I understand ozzie wants more lefties in the lineup, but BA looked great the other night and i think Mackowiak is much more valuable coming off the bench (he can play pretty much any position).

I know it is early to start b****ing about ozzie's lineups, and i know we will see stuff like this all season, but I really want to see BA get as many at bats as possible.

I want to see Anderson play as much as possible too, but its a long season. He'll get his at bats. Mackowiak and Cintron are solid enough to demand some starting time. And early in the season, you're gonna see a lot of this. We want our everyday guys fresh for the stretch run.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Pods doesn't play tomorrow.

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
Why is Freddy starting game 2 of the season at home? Everybody knows how dominant he is on the road. I would have liked to see Garland pitch this game 2.

Maybe cause its a day game?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Maybe cause its a day game?

Exactly.

Garcia sucks only if it's a night game at the Cell, a day game at home he's still solid as hell. If we can get him in for a day game on the road it's a gauranteed W.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
Today's lineup, per Scott Reifert's blog...

Today's Lineup

Pods, LF

Cintron, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

AJ, C

Crede, 3B

Mackowiak, CF

Uribe, SS

Garcia pitching

:bringit

going by my MVP 2005 season, I love this lineup. Except Uribe's hitting like .340 so maybe move him up a little

QUOTE(bulokis @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:20 AM)
Im at work but definitely will watch some of it. Go sox!

I am at work as well and since my mom is on vacation this week she is on call (ie call me when something happens in the game that yahoo doesn't let you know). It really sucks that after 1PM I cannot get in here until I get home. :crying