Timoperezrulez

Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

That ball looked like it was ticketed for the 5th row of seats down the 1B line but it sank into Konerko's glove just fine. The infield scaring the s*** out of me so far with these throws.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
DJ commenting that Garcia's velo is down, and stating he'll rear back and fire it when he needs to.  Interesting.

You can tell Garcia is trying to hit his spots. I'm not exactly thrilled that he's trying to become Greg Maddux, but I'm willing to see how his control is. The only thing that could hurt him is that the lower velocity makes his slider less effective as a strikeout pitch.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
wow has garcia thrown one over 84 yet?

He popped a fastball at 85 MPH against Sizemore. His velocity should pick up as we get deeper into the game.

I'm just surprised he made it through the 1st unscathed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
You can tell Garcia is trying to hit his spots.  I'm not exactly thrilled that he's trying to become Greg Maddux, but I'm willing to see how his control is.  The only thing that could hurt him is that the lower velocity makes his slider less effective as a strikeout pitch.

Maybe Freddy is just using the beginning of the game to try and throw strikes and not overexert himself so early in the game like he tended to do last year. He was pathetic in the 1st inning of games last season.

This game has been very strange so far. Thome had a great swing on that pitch.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
ummm what the hell...strange plays

yeah, should have been dp

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
Belly-lard.

You're just hillarious.

anyone else getting an echo on their audio on mlb tv? i can't figure out if it's me or them.

Nice play by Boone to end the inning, I have a feeling this is going to be a very odd game.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
anyone else getting an echo on their audio on mlb tv?  i can't figure out if it's me or them.

i got one too, normally doesnt happen for me so im thinkin them

QUOTE(Spiff @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
anyone else getting an echo on their audio on mlb tv?  i can't figure out if it's me or them.

I do tooo and its slow and distorted

Its annoying