Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

Not an easy play on the groundout to Cintron to end the inning, he had to shuffle quickly to his right and flip to Uribe all in one motion. Nice play.

Edited by JimH

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Garcia gonna get smoffed throwing like this. His off-speed stuff is not spectacular... he needs that 93-95 ( he can throw even harder) mile an hour fastball to set up everything else.

Garcia hasn't reached 95 mph since he's been here. He's been in the low 90s since he's been here.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Garcia gonna get smoffed throwing like this. His off-speed stuff is not spectacular... he needs that 93-95 ( he can throw even harder) mile an hour fastball to set up everything else.

He's trying to get too cute with his fastball, he's taken all his velocity off his fastball inorder to pinpoint it and it's not working. Hopefully he'll adjust but he looks like s*** right now.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
Not an easy play on the groundout to Cintron to end the inning, he had to shuffle quickly to his right and flip to Uribe all in one motion.  Nice play.

Good point, he didn't have a whole lot of time on that play.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Describe, I've had a few ideas on how to do it, I want to know what you had in mind.

meter.jpg

Like the electric meter on your house, where the numbers rotate on wheels and display in a slightly offset manner. As I said, throw-up sick.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Garcia hasn't reached 95 mph since he's been here.  He's been in the low 90s since he's been here.

There were definitely games he hit 94-95 in... when he was really in a jam. Always makes me wonder why he stays in the 91-93 range. If he is already trying to save his arm from injury we have serious problems.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
meter.jpg

Like the electric meter on your house, where the numbers rotate on wheels and display in a slightly offset manner.  As I said, throw-up sick.

That's about what I had in mind. It can be done but it will take some time and that's one thing I havn't had of late. When I'm finished with it, it'll look f***ing solid.

Latest News  Apr. 4, 2006 - 2:35 pm et

The Indians currently believe that C.C. Sabatahia, who was placed on the DL today, will miss three to five weeks with a strained right oblique.

He missed six weeks with a similar injury at the beginning of 2005. "It's not as bad as it was last year," Sabathia said. "It feels good today. I feel zero pain. Last year it hurt for about a week or so. I woke up yesterday and it felt a little sore. Today I feel no pain." It still appears that Sabathia will take about two weeks off to rest the injury. Since his arm won't have as far to bounce back as it did last year, he could return by the end of April if he experiences no setbacks.