List of Excuses

DonkeyKongerko

I thought it would be fun in a sadistic sort of way to list excuses we have heard recently from the men in charge of our Pale hose.

Here is what I can come up with, feel free to add and waste some time:

Minnesota has to play on the West Coast too.

We still play Minnesota x more times this year.

We get to play Detroit next.

The hitting will warm up with the weather.

It would be easier to play without seeing all the empty blue seats.

It's hard to play when you are booed by your own fans.

There is plenty of time left.

Oakland and Anaheim did it last year.

How about the dog ate my homework? Seriously though, I'm still a Sox fan after all these many difficult years, but I'm just damn tired of the excuses. Win something already. As far as I'm concerned the last team to actually win something was the 59 team. Sad.

How about the famous...

We left our bats in Birmingham ;)

For those of you that dont know, it was an April Fools joke by Rex Hudler and he got everyone believing that the batboy left the Sox's bats in Birmingham.

People at cubs.com were taking that seriously. And they wonder why all we do is make fun of them... :lol:

The classic, you can't spend a dollar if you only have $.50

That's always been my favorite.Somehow,it's always our fault.You'd almost get hte impression that JR doesn't like us.

The new one is how getting out of town for a couple weeks will do the team good-get away from the media and the pressure.

Well,I hope they enjoy the time away from the pressure.Wait till they get back and see,what fans there are,wearing paper bags on their heads................

K-Y

That's always been my favorite.Somehow,it's always our fault.You'd almost get hte impression that JR doesn't like us.

The new one is how getting out of town for a couple weeks will do the team good-get away from the media and the pressure.

Well,I hope they enjoy the time away from the pressure.Wait till they get back and see,what fans there are,wearing paper bags on their heads................

K-Y

I don't know if anybody did or didn't but welcome to Soxnet and hope you stick around. You were one of the best at Whitesox.com IMHO.

K-Y

I don't know if anybody did or didn't but welcome to Soxnet and hope you stick around. You were one of the best at Whitesox.com IMHO.

Oh well better late than never. I did a search and see you got a proper welcome, which of course you deserve.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im fresh out of making any more excuses... for the past couple of seasons now we have been doing nothing but excuse making....... :fyou anyone want to buy some games for the remainder of the season??????

K-Y

Oh well better late than never. I did a search and see you got a proper welcome, which of course you deserve.

thnak you for your kind words.I hope to make this my new home.......

I look forward to talking to you!

K-Y