AL Central Central

greasywheels121

It appears a lot of the posts in the MLB Catch-All thread deals with our division. Since that involves the rivals we're concerned with most, it probably deserves its own thread. Consider this the Central's Catch-All Thread. We'll see how this goes.

:bringit

And if anyone thinks of a better name, we'll change it. :D

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Carlos Silva walked two batters....

I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but he didn't walk more than one batter in a game all last season, and finished with a single digit walk total.

one was an 'unintentional intentional' walk

they loaded up the bases to try to get a double play, but the next bater hit a double or something

Sliva also hit a bitter

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
too bad Travis Hafner didnt get traded from Cleveland like Coco Crisp

I dont know the number against the Twins lifetime, but I bet they are really good

Vs Twins: 169 AB, 11 HR, 29 RBI, .261/.333/.493/.830

Vs Sox: 189 AB, 9 HR, 34 RBI, .270/.361/.497/.858

Vs Tigers: 131 AB, 9 HR, 19 RBI, .298/.419/.573/.991

Vs Royals: 133 AB, 8 HR, 23 RBI, .308/.415/.609/.1024

The guy just wrecks AL Central pitching, he is a menace and must be stopped.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
Vs Twins: 169 AB, 11 HR, 29 RBI, .261/.333/.493/.830

Vs Sox: 189 AB, 9 HR, 34 RBI, .270/.361/.497/.858

Vs Tigers: 131 AB, 9 HR, 19 RBI, .298/.419/.573/.991

Vs Royals: 133 AB, 8 HR, 23 RBI, .308/.415/.609/.1024

The guy just wrecks AL Central pitching, he is a menace and must be stopped.

Nice sig , Kalapse , good info on Haffner.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
Haffner's a beast. He's put the Tribe on top 1-0 by hitting his fourth HR in just 7 AB's.

What I wouldn't do to have him on our team. Or for our minor league system to develop a player comparable to his talent.

Honestly, I rather have the Indians entire lineup aside from Boone and Blake. And when the day arrives in which Marte is promoted, I'd rather have him as well.

They're going to be good for a LONG time.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
What I wouldn't do to have him on our team. Or for our minor league system to develop a player comparable to his talent.

Honestly, I rather have the Indians entire lineup aside from Boone and Blake. And when the day arrives in which Marte is promoted, I'd rather have him as well.

They're going to be good for a LONG time.

Texas' minor league system developed him.

That Einar Diaz trade did real well for the Rangers.

It's not like Hafner is a youngster either. He was a late bloomer. He's just a year younger than Konerko.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
Texas' minor league system developed him.

That Einar Diaz trade did real well for the Rangers.

It's not like Hafner is a youngster either. He was a late bloomer. He's just a year younger than Konerko.

I didn't mean to give the Indians credit for developing him. A sizable portion of the Indians club was assembled from trades as it is. I know Sizemore and Lee came over from Montreal during the Colon trade, and I believe Belliard was aquired from Colorado (?). I'm sure there are several I'm forgetting.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I didn't mean to give the Indians credit for developing him. A sizable portion of the Indians club was assembled from trades as it is.  I know Sizemore and Lee came over from Montreal during the Colon trade, and I believe Belliard was aquired from Colorado (?). I'm sure there are several I'm forgetting.

If after this season, we started going and offering guys like Buehrle, Konerko, etc., up in Trades, like they did with Colon, Thome, and a couple of their other big pieces, in a few years, we may very well have that much talent built up as well. Just watch Florida in a few years

But we've got a bigger salary, so we're actually able to do something better than that; we can stay competitive every year, by bringing up a few pieces (BA, BMac) and holding on to/finding the more expensive pieces that it takes to win every year.

Personally, I think I like where we are.

QUOTE(Chi Sox 88 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
Indians lead 2-0 in the 5th.

Final--Cleveland defeated Minnesota 3-0. They're now 4-1. Pronk was 3-3 with 2RBI, HR, 2B, 1B, BB.

My guy Liriano (aka type of hardthrowing starter we'll never see in our organization) struck out 4 over 2.2IP. He's another player that's going to haunt the dreams of AL Central opponents for a LONG time.