April 10: White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Wedge

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
Better players than pods have been sent to AAA to figure stuff out.  And it would be more of an extended spring training kind of not permanent.

The only way he is going down to AAA is on a rehab stint following time on the DL. He has got to be out of options by now.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
b****. b****. b****.

Watch the game on gameday, people.

???

GameDay doesn't exactly capture the full essence of a play by saying: "Brandon Inge bunt pops out to catcher A.J. Pierzynski in foul territory."

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
b****. b****. b****.

Watch the game on gameday, people.

What do you think is the point of these threads.... and I cant watch it on gameday the cmp's at school dont have flash. Even with gameday it wouldnt tell you what made it a great play.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
???

GameDay doesn't exactly capture the full essence of a play by saying:  "Brandon Inge bunt pops out to catcher A.J. Pierzynski in foul territory."

No, he was far-better served with this gem:

a bunt that popped up in the air on the first base line, tailing away from AJ. He kneeled down/kinda dove and caught it.

;)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
You might have a problem with that, unless you know where their hotel is.

Nice work AJ.

Ha! :P

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
Yes, because we should put as many games in jeopardy as possible.

Hell of a play, AJ.

No, so we can see what the kid's got and give him a bit more experience. He's a good pitcher, and a good kid, and I'd like to see him out there a bit more, Dusty.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
Better players than pods have been sent to AAA to figure stuff out.  And it would be more of an extended spring training kind of not permanent.

AMEN!!!

just give him a week to get things figured out and restore his confidence.

he's hurting the team.

lucky BMac, AJ and the boys bailed him out

hell, if Detroit brings in a lefty, I'd pull him for Brian Anderson for defense and offense.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
No, he was far-better served with this gem:

;)

Exactly. I don't think he was b****ing though. Some of us are at work or unable to view the games on CSN. I'm stuck w/ GameDay until finals; it doesn't exactly tell the whole story.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
I got into a lot of trouble when I suggested the same against the Indians.

I don't get it, Richie.

McCarthy is the only pitcher in that bullpen I have confidence in to get this game to Jenks--whether or not I believe in him in the ninth is a different story all together.

McCarthy needs to stay in. If Ozzie get's cute here with a Politte/Cotts...or...even worse a Politte/Logan tandum, I'm going to lose it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
No, so we can see what the kid's got and give him a bit more experience. He's a good pitcher, and a good kid, and I'd like to see him out there a bit more, Dusty.

You have to be f***ing kidding me.

Please.

Please tell me you're messing around.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I don't get it, Richie.

McCarthy is the only pitcher in that bullpen I have confidence in to get this game to Jenks--whether or not I believe in him in the ninth is a different story all together.

McCarthy needs to stay in.  If Ozzie get's cute here with a Politte/Cotts...or...even worse a Politte/Logan tandum, I'm going to lose it.

Because who you have confidence in is all that matters, hmm? A couple of misplayed games and Politte, Logan and Cotts should be relegated to the pits of bullpen hell because only Brandon McCarthy can throw. And putting them in against your almighty wisdom is "get[ting] cute".

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
McCarthy needs to stay in.  If Ozzie get's cute here with a Politte/Cotts...or...even worse a Politte/Logan tandum, I'm going to lose it.

Granderson is the only guy in their lineup who is a pure lefty, everyone else is either righty or switch.

BMac should go to Jenks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
I don't get it, Richie.

The suggestion was that Logan needed to be "tested". If its all about tests, McCarthy could use a test or 2 himself. My opinion is forget the tests, just win the damn game.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
You have to be f***ing kidding me.

Please.

Please tell me you're messing around.

I'm not f***ing kidding you. All pitchers need to be put out there to see what they've got. Logan was fine his first time and gave up a homer to Hafner the second time. I think Logan can manage, Baker, and I think he should be given the chance.

Go Paul Konerko!