Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread

EvilJester99

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
DJ yes

most people love hawk.

well that's because hawk=god

I think you have mixed up your priorities....

Hawk is greater than God.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Hawk, but this website is absurd. The Sox organization could do much worse, like, oh I don't know, Len Kasper.

"And he threw it awayyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Kudos to the Cubs organization to find a broadcasting team that rivals the absolute s***heap that was Chip Caray and Joe Carter.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
If anyone ever showed up to the Cell wearing a shirt like that they'd probably get "heaved" into a trash can face first.

And I can think of probably 20 people, including me, who would be happy to help. Even while sober.

That man is the best marketing engine the Sox have. Look what having Harry did for the Cubs. The man was out there for years telling people to come to Wrigley, and all of a sudden people started listening.

The Hawk is an icon. Every now and then the Sportscenter guys will do his homerun call or use one of his nicknames, and a lot of times they attribute it to the Hawk. I hardly know any other announcers who get their catch phrases on air.

I've been listening to the Hawk since I became a Sox fan. I don't know if I can name a better home run call in baseball right now. I don't think there's an announcer I'd rather listen to.

Hell, I practically bought MLB's extra innings so I'd get more games that he was announcing.

The White Sox without the Hawk are the blandest White Sox around.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
I like Hawk but it's still a pretty funny site.

I guess I'm missing the humor. Getting a bunch of 2nd hand quotes from opposing fans whose opinion I could really care less about? Using some silly animation showing an animal defacating from the mouth?

If the guy hates Hawk, that's fine. But to disparage the man when this person doesn't even have the guts to reveal who their identity is pathetic.

Not meant as a personal rant on you, Jabroni. I just think the website is garbage.

I guess I'm missing the humor. Getting a bunch of 2nd hand quotes from opposing fans whose opinion I could really care less about? Using some silly animation showing an animal defacating from the mouth?

If the guy hates Hawk, that's fine.  But to disparage the man when this person doesn't even have the guts to reveal who their identity is pathetic.

Not meant as a personal rant on you, Jabroni.  I just think the website is garbage.

I just thought it was funny that Hawk's catch-phrases bother the person so much that they would make a website about him.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
bump

Meaningless posts with no content make me angry...and you wouldnt like me angry..

OK, besides the "Incredible Hulk" reference...c'mon guys, if you are gonna take the time to make a post, SAY SOMETHING IN IT.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
I just thought it was funny that Hawk's catch-phrases bother the person so much that they would make a website about him.

That's exactly what I said when a few of us found this site a while ago. Kind of like how some Sox fans are obsessed with the Cubs... :sleep

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:03 AM)
Meaningless posts with no content make me angry...and you wouldnt like me angry..

OK, besides the "Incredible Hulk" reference...c'mon guys, if you are gonna take the time to make a post, SAY SOMETHING IN IT.

This is the perfect time to steal a Hawkism... HE GAWN!!!

That site sucks...

anyway quick question about Hawk...Didn't "he gone" come from "he's gone". I could have sworn he always used to say he's gone and then he gone came like 3-4 years ago. My friend says it was always he gone and I say it wasn't!!!

Settle this madness please!! This argument is tearing us apart. Each day is a little harder to bear...I feel like a lost little boy

Ok I got a little melodramatic there, but hopefully someone here remembers.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Well hell then my friend's mind is more f***ed up then mine.  At least I knew it was once 'he's' albeit way off on the timeframe.  Those 90's partyin days are starting to catch up!!

I should have said it was STILL "he's gone" at the start of last year..

I don't remember when it started.. I just remember when he dropped it because it was big news for Jay.. wrote a couple articles about it iirc.

My friend who I have the season tickets with usually spouts off a "he gone" after an opponent strikeout. Hawk definitely used to say "he's gone", in fact they have it canned at USCF, although I think last homestand I heard a "he gone". My friend has been spouting "he gone" for a few years. Maybe Hawk heard him.

I dont know why he dropped the S out of He's gone, but he did. The last game against the rockies Hawk got an email begging him to use the phrase "Grab some bench" as if it was a golden oldie. I thought he still mixed that in here and there, I guess not.