Comebacks for Sox Fans

Son Goshin

i don't think i'm the only one who has gotten crap from cubs' fans, even though it's barely over a WEEK INTO THE SEASON! of course the counter we white sox fans use is, "Who the hell jsut won the world series? US." but i've noticed that it's not enough sometimes. i got plenty of friends who are cubs fans, and plenty who are sox fans, but it seems that whenever i'm talkin baseball, my sox friends are nowehre to be found and i have no one to abck me up agaisnt moronic cub fans.

so i'm asking,what the hell can i do? just ignore their idiotic and meaningless comments? or shoot right back at them with more insults? if you have some comebacks, post them here and it'd be much appreciated. i just want to put some annoying cubs fans in their places, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way :gosox4:

QUOTE(Son Goshin @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
i don't think i'm the only one who has gotten crap from cubs' fans, even though it's barely over a WEEK INTO THE SEASON!  of course the counter we white sox fans use is, "Who the hell jsut won the world series?  US."  but i've noticed that it's not enough sometimes.  i got plenty of friends who are cubs fans, and plenty who are sox fans, but it seems that whenever i'm talkin baseball, my sox friends are nowehre to be found and i have no one to abck me up agaisnt moronic cub fans.

so i'm asking,what the hell can i do?  just ignore their idiotic and meaningless comments?  or shoot right back at them with more insults?  if you have some comebacks, post them here and it'd be much appreciated.  i just want to put some annoying cubs fans in their places, and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way  :gosox4:

The only comeback you ever need with a cub fan is

Where do I start? 1908, Goats, bartman, sammy the cheater,bigger losing history then the LA Clippers, ask them to name their starting infield. So much to say. Lately though, ive been taking the high route and just laughing them off after I express the joy I felt watching the sox win it all.

Tell them the cubs have to win a world series then they can talk, too bad for them that won't happen in our lifetime.

Funny this thread just started cause a buddy and I are going back and forth through email about this right now. Here is what he wrote:

"We just swept the Cardinals!!!! And we will win 4 or 5 out of the 6 againist the Sox this year"

Here was my reply:

"Do you get a trophy for that?? Thats pretty neat. I better make a call the baseball and tell everyone to start vacation early this year cause its all over. cubbies win"

It really is ridiculous, but taking the high road has worked best, they want what we have and they know it.

:finger Cub fans!!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
Just say Cubs suck and punch them in the face.

With the hand that has the World Series replica ring on it!!! That way it will leave our logo stamped in their heads.

:D

Edited by HeGone33

here's an exchange that happened to me yesterday:

Cubs fan: "Hey how about those losses to the royals huh?"

Me: "Yeah, they happened right after we got our world series rings."

Almost too easy.

Just wait a couple of weeks for the balance to shift the other way. The Cubs are bound to lose the series to either the Reds or the Pirates (that's just their way), and will probably split at best with the Dodgers and Cardinals. This is especially true when Sean Marshall and Jerome Williams have to make more starts.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Where do I start? 1908, Goats, bartman, sammy the cheater,bigger losing history then the LA Clippers,  ask them to name their starting infield.  So much to say. Lately though, ive been taking the high route and just laughing them off after I express the joy I felt watching the sox win it all.

Tell them the cubs have to win a world series then they can talk, too bad for them that won't happen in our lifetime.

Yeah just tell those IDIOT CUB FANS! Look you have to use Bartman as a pathetic excuse from losing their chances of going to the WORLD SERIES! Just tell them Bartman was not the one who made the errors after the Bartman incident it was Alex Gonzalez, Bartman was not the one who had a eight run lead over the Marlins and then blew it when the SCRUBBIES needed six more outs to go! Also tell them that we have better slogans and promotions than them. They always have sayings like "Believe" "This year is here!" Ha I say to that! :D See cub fans limit their promotions to for only adults meaning they are excluding the kids out in all the fun. Like where on the other hand we have promotions like Kids Day where kids run around the bases after the game and before the game kids get autographs! :gosox1: I can go on and on about the PATHETIC CUBS! :D

I have John Rooney's game 4 final out call saved as an MP3 on my phone. Whenever my Cubbie fan pals start getting uppetty, I just hit a button and...

"Jenks with a deep breath.... he oks the sign. From the stretch with a runner at second. Here is the 1-2 pitch to Palmero... a ground ball past Jenks up the middle of the infield. Uribe has it!! He throws.... OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!! THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES AND THEY ARE MOBBING EACH OTHER ON THE FIELD!!!"

Then I just look at them a little distracted "Huh? Sorry, what were you saying?"

Quote from my friend the Scrubs fan today on AIM:

"oh yeah b/c going to see the white sox is so fun...yeah they can beat the tigers and the royals....thats impressive...and dont try and say something abou the game today b/c i am prety sure we swept the cardinals this weekend and one of our pitchers, marshall, had never pitched above a AA minor league game"

My Response:

"Dude....there are 156 games left in the season....holy s*** you swept the Cardinals....i guarantee they will sweep you at least once this year.....also wait til all-star break before deciding the scrubs are a playoff team. Oh and this bragging about some AA pitcher....please......two words BOBBY JENKS......you can talk when this Marshall character saves a world series game."

Those Cubs fans sure do good in inglish

When I brought in my World Series replica ring to work I told my annoying Cub fan co workers that it also doubles as a mood ring.

When I'm in a good mood, it retains its' gold color. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big 'effin red mark etched in the middle of your forehead!!

im in a local fantasy league with cub and sox fans. i posted this 2 days ago.

"I love it when the cubs get a hot start cause all the cub fans start chirping.

The best part is that the cub fans now actually believe that they have a shot, which will make the collapse even better and more enjoyable. Last year the cubs were out of it, so making fun of cub fans was not as enjoyable.

It’s a lot more fun to hunt a fox who thinks he can escape than to hunt a fox that just gives up and wants to get shot."