Sox vs Royals 4/19

IlliniKrush

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elarton (tough luck 0-3, 3.60 ERA) vs. Vasquez (0-1, 6.23 ERA, pitched well against KC).

I expect this one to be lower scoring, similar to today's game. Javy will bounce back and Elarton will be pretty decent as well. Let's get the sweep done and keep the hot play going!

I'm really looking forward to this game, from an offensive standpoint. Our offense has been much improved over the 1st 2 weeks. But we've long had a history of guys like Elarton dominating our lineup from time to time. He's not going to strike us out a lot, so we've got to be patient. And hopefully they'll come through enough to provide some support for Javy.

He also needs a good outing here to re-assure himself that he can pitch well here at the Cell, because if he doesn't, the questions about him and his fly-balling ways here are only going to get stronger.

Today's Lineup from Inside the White Sox:

Pods, LF; Cintron, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mackowiak, CF; Uribe, SS.  Javier Vazquez on the hill.
Edited by RME JICO

So yeah, if anyone needs some extra time off before this weekend to heal a bruise or anything...this game is the time to take it. Jim, Paul, that means you. If anything's bothering you, take a seat in inning 5.

We're going to need you guys a little bit more on Friday than we do today. No offense to Elarton, but I'd rather lose today & win Friday than the reverse.

Anywho, go get em Javy. Let's get that rotation turned over with 5 straight wins.