Sox vs Royals 4/19

IlliniKrush

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Santana v. Buehrle Friday.  Now that's what a pitching matchup looks like.

I always enjoyed Buehrle Vs Mulder. As long as the game wasn't being played in Oakland, you knew it would be a close, low scoring game that woud be played in under 2 hours.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
Santana v. Buehrle Friday.  Now that's what a pitching matchup looks like.

we could never beat santana last yr. even if mccarthy pitched just as good or if we threw a one hitter.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
This is why Pods doesn't need to steal every time he gets on base.  We'd have bases loaded right now w/no outs.

That's incorrect. I gaurantee Elarton would not have made the same pitch to Cintron that he did and his sequence to Thome would have been different. We would have had a chance at bases loaded but things would have been way different.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Thats the way stealing is.... sometimes it works out for the best sometimes is screws u.

That's why it's really not worth it unless you're Carlos Beltran or Bobby Abreu and stealing 85-95% of your bases successfully.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
we could never beat santana last yr. even if mccarthy pitched just as good or if we threw a one hitter.

We also ran out those crazy all-righty lineups against him. And now, we have a pretty damn good lefty who at least can force Ozzie to use a more sane lineup.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
That's why it's really not worth it unless you're Carlos Beltran or Bobby Abreu and stealing 85-95% of your bases successfully.

The usual number I hear about it helping is success 75% of the time

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
The usual number I hear about it helping is success 75% of the time

Yeah but typically I prefer someone even higher than that. Guys like Juan Pierre just don't get the jobe done for me.

Yeah Elarton. :)