Sox vs Royals 4/19

IlliniKrush

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
We have a pitcher who has no control, yet we cant control ourselves and need to swing the bat.  So in inning number 2 we bail out a pitcher who wants to give up an 8 spot. 

Dont swing until the first strike is called.

I have a feeling next inning will get ugly for Elarton.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
I have a feeling next inning will get ugly for Elarton.

When Scott has beaten us its the same MO. He throws a high fastball that looks juicy and sweet, and then we get under it and we have a s***load of popups. Make him throw strikes and get the ball down and we will kill him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
Live with it.  Scotty's going to steal bases and he's going to get caught stealing, that's his game.  He's also going to have times where he produces a run by himself, it's useless to b**** everytime he gets thrown out because it's going to happen.

With our offense right now, there's no need taking the 50-60% risk of producing an out for the sake of one run. I'll give Pods another month of basestealing to show he can steal at the rate he did before his injury, but if he can't, I'd rather he demonstrate restraint on the basepaths.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
With our offense right now, there's no need taking the 50-60% risk of producing an out for the sake of one run.  I'll give Pods another month of basestealing to show he can steal at the rate he did before his injury, but if he can't, I'd rather he demonstrate restraint on the basepaths.

If Scotty can keep up the 3/4 pace, I'll be happy with that.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
With our offense right now, there's no need taking the 50-60% risk of producing an out for the sake of one run.  I'll give Pods another month of basestealing to show he can steal at the rate he did before his injury, but if he can't, I'd rather he demonstrate restraint on the basepaths.

Might as well have Gload lead-off then.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)

He had stolen a few bases in a row rather easily. Considering there was a tall righty on the mound, he had no reason not to try and keep up his success on the bases. There's no one on this site who dislikes Pods more than I do, but I want him stealing in that situation.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
So in other words...that high OBP we were praising last year should also subtract the amt. he immediately gets him self out on the base paths...

That's pretty much the way it works.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)

Good of you to give him another month to prove himself. By that do you mean you won't b**** about it for at least a month.

our radio team just had another great exchange talking about a golf tournament. farmer asked if singleton wanted to go and singleton goes "why would you ask me that, you know i am going home to see my family later tonight." farmer goes well i guess i have to hit some balls myself.

i swear those too suck at announcing the game right now, but they are funny in the fact that any moment it seems like they will fight each other.

Edited by Shamrock4Life

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
That's pretty much the way it works.

But than you have to give him credit for doubles when he hits a single and steals successfully and for triples when he hits a double and steal. And than you have to give him some credit for disrupting the pitcher as well. I think Pods does way more good than bad on the basepaths.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
So in other words...that high OBP we were praising last year should also subtract the amt. he immediately gets him self out on the base paths...

So the question is...is adding extra RISP worth subtracting some OBP (combined with the annoying the pitcher factor).

As long as Pods is up at 75% or so, I can live with it, because those hits by Thome, Iguchi, and Konerko will turn into more RBI's than just sitting back & waiting for a dinger.