Nachreiner was released

MnSoxFan

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

I saw this and automatically thought "Andrew will be crushed" :lol:

I think I'm the kiss of death when it comes to following our minor league talent.

Hence why I ain't gonna hav an AAP, for fear of him becoming the next "Nachreiner". :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Nah they are actually good prospects... He is talking about making them become crap prospects.

Well he did say following our minor league talent. I mean, those two are gone..Willie gets a hold of you and you're traded. :P

Here are some other notes:

ATO: Sox Release Nachreiner; Josh Hansen to WS

By FutureSox.com

The White Sox released RHP Matt Nachreiner. Nachreiner was the Sox 5th round pick in 2003 out of Round Rock high school in Texas. Upon joining the Sox, many scouts felt Nachreiner had 1st to 2nd round talent, but he was plagued with bad knees (little to know cartilage) and many felt that would ruin or shorten his career. Nachreiner was able to stay healthy with the Sox, but struggled in each of his 3 seasons of short-season ball (Bristol and Great Falls).

• Sean Tracey rejoined the Knights rotation on Saturday. The Sox decided to move Tracey to the pen to start the year, but after struggling with his control he was shifted back to the rotation. In his first start (a rain suspended game), he pitched 4.2 scoreless and hitless innings. The Knights gave up just one hit in the game, a solo home run to Drays top prospect B.J. Upton.

• The White Sox signed minor league free agent Corey Smith (3B) to a deal and sent him to Birmingham. Smith has yet to play a game with the Barons. The power hitting 3rd baseman was a 1st round pick by the Cleveland Indians in 2000. Smith hit .273 with 18 HR’s in AA for Mobile (Padres affiliate) last season.

• Josh Hansen was sent from Birmingham to Winston Salem following the Barons game on April 20th. Hansen (1B) hit a career high 24 HR’s for the Intimidators in 2005. He was hitting .143 with the Barons. In two games with the Intimidators, Hansen is batting .375 with a homer.

• Adam Ricks (C/IF) was sent from Winston Salem to Kannapolis on April 20th. The move was made to make room for Josh Hansen in Winston Salem. Ricks was batting .136 with the Hogs and spent all of 2005 with the Intimidators.

• The Warthogs activated catcher Cole Armstrong from the disabled list. Armstrong was a member of the Braves organization in 2005. To make room for Armstrong, the Warthogs placed Eric Tartaglia on the disabled list.

• Blake Whealy (2B) joined the Intimidators from extended spring training this week. Whealy joins the Sox from the Mets organization. To make room for Whealy, the Intimidators sent Manuel Rodriguez to extended spring training. They also released Randy Blood.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
I'm going to have to give that title to willie who had Chris Young and Gio as his aap's last year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
Well he did say following our minor league talent.  I mean, those two are gone..Willie gets a hold of you and you're traded. :P

w00t

The White Sox released RHP Matt Nachreiner. Nachreiner was the Sox 5th round pick in 2003 out of Round Rock high school in Texas. Upon joining the Sox, many scouts felt Nachreiner had 1st to 2nd round talent, but he was plagued with bad knees (little to know cartilage) and many felt that would ruin or shorten his career. Nachreiner was able to stay healthy with the Sox, but struggled in each of his 3 seasons of short-season ball (Bristol and Great Falls).

That must be one smart knee. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by farmteam