rangercal

Collecting the suntimes set?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Collecting the suntimes set?

• I will collect all 21
    • I will just collect random players
    • I want to collect it but dont live near chicago
    • Not worth the time, price and trouble

I got the Buehrle one today, and they are nothing special... I wanted to buy one today for two reasons... Because it was Buehrle, and another was just too see if they were worth it. I really dont think they are worth the $80 (after you get the paper and the balls). Like someone said before, with that $80, and can get something better, or you can go to a few games. People should do what they want, but just FYI, there not worth the $80, and going to white hen everyday... just my 2 cents

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
I got the Buehrle one today, and they are nothing special... I wanted to buy one today for two reasons... Because it was Buehrle, and another was just too see if they were worth it.  I really dont think they are worth the $80 (after you get the paper and the balls).  Like someone said before, with that $80, and can get something better, or you can go to a few games.  People should do what they want, but just FYI, there not worth the $80, and going to white hen everyday... just my 2 cents

I might buy the Thome one, just cuz like you siad, it's Jim Thome, but that's it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
I might buy the Thome one, just cuz like you siad, it's Jim Thome, but that's it.

Yea, I can see myself getting players here and there, but not the whole set. Maybe Buehrle, Jenks, and Iguchi

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
It's both kind of a hassle and kinda cheesy for all the time and money you'll spend doing it.

Who gets the cash anyway?

the god damn cubs, thats who. thats why i wont buy s***. plus, i dont even live in illinois.

i got the mini stadium at a game against da Twinkies. i really don't see the point in collecting em all. i may get one or two but im not droppin $60+ for mini baseballs. ill take that 60 bucks and put it towards my Pierzynski jersey that im going to have made @ Triple Threat.

My wife, after less than a week of getting them for me while I work in a town that isn't considered the Chicagoland area, got tired of doing it and was able to persuade the 7-11 worker to sell her the rest of the set that I needed, so I proudly am displaying the whole set now. It looks real nice! Who's today's ball, does anyone know? I put them in a random order, but want to see how accurate I was.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
My wife, after less than a week of getting them for me while I work in a town that isn't considered the Chicagoland area, got tired of doing it and was able to persuade the 7-11 worker to sell her the rest of the set that I needed, so I proudly am displaying the whole set now.  It looks real nice!  Who's today's ball, does anyone know?  I put them in a random order, but want to see how accurate I was.

Thome I think