White Sox v. Mariners

AddisonStSox

Jon Garland 2-1, 9.18 v. Jamie Moyer 0-2, 4.07

The White Sox will attempt to reach a nine-game winning streak tonight behind right-hander Jon Garland in the spacious Safeco Field, a mark the World Champion 2005 White Sox team never reached.

Let's keep Scott Podsednik going. Podsednik is hitting .353 during the eight-game winning streak.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too nervous to start a game thread myself, since I'm still 0-for-the-regular-season. Thanks Addy.

Come on Jon. We've still not won 9 consecutive in like 25 years, unless you are willing to ignore the end of last season & count game 1 of this year.

Step it up big man.

QUOTE(greppson24ottondo @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
I think CSN will be covering the Bulls tonight. Does that mean the game will be on CSN+ or possibly not even televised?

CSN+ until the Bulls game and postgame are over then the game will be on CSN as well.

Let's go Garland, lets make our way around the starting staff with everyone getting victories again!

And I couldn't agree more about Pods, its almost scary how his play is SOOO closely tied to the success of this team, he needs to keep it up!

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
And I couldn't agree more about Pods, its almost scary how his play is SOOO closely tied to the success of this team, he needs to keep it up!

I honestly don't think it's nearly as big of a factor as it was early in the year last season. This year, we're winning because we're hitting the long ball, and we're getting very good starting pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
I honestly don't think it's nearly as big of a factor as it was early in the year last season.  This year, we're winning because we're hitting the long ball, and we're getting very good starting pitching.

Oh, I absolutely agree with that too. Not only is it the long ball, but hitting in general, this team is bad ass at the plate. Its not that his play is so directly tied to their success, its more indirect, more...coincidental. They are definately clicking right now, and dominating this road trip would be awesome!

:gosox1:

Lets just go ahead and say that the M's have been off to a lousy start and we are not about to let them begin to heat up. another 3 game sweep is a-brewing and we will take a 11 game win streak into Los Angeles California right around the Anaheim area just North of Orange County and Just south of Fullerton County. Sox roll through this with ease.

f*** the M's, what's a mariner anyway?

Sox 7 - M's 3

JiYea!!!

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
They said on Tribune Live that Dye took himself out of the lineup tonight because he can't hit Moyer.

I wonder if Ozzie will give Gload a start in RF.

I think Dye's been wanting a day off for a few days. On Saturday, he was surprised he was in the lineup against Radke, who he's struggled against.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
They said on Tribune Live that Dye took himself out of the lineup tonight because he can't hit Moyer.

I wonder if Ozzie will give Gload a start in RF.

If thats true, my money is on Mack getting the start.

1. P Ozuna, LF .500 0 3 1

2. T Iguchi, 2B .344 1 7 1

3. J Thome, DH .327 9 19 0

4. P Konerko, 1B .343 5 16 0

5. A Pierzynski, C .333 0 4 0

6. J Uribe, SS .233 3 9 0

7. A Cintron, 3B .324 0 3 1

8. R Mackowiak, RF .138 0 3 0

9. B Anderson, CF .178 1 4 1