White Sox v. Mariners

AddisonStSox

Its funny what winning a World Series does to you, if a loss like this happened last year around this time I would have bounced the remote off the wall, would wake up half the Neighborhood screaming, or just drank myself stupid, but here I am not really pissed at all

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
Another 1 run loss this season, something that hardly ever happened last season. Hell, I thought we could had stole this one. The Mariners are horrible in one run games.

The loss is on our best reliever(up to this point) as well. This game is killing me right now cause I hate losses like this but unfortunately that is baseball and s*** like this happens.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
ozzie loves the righty/righty stuff though, so it's not like it was some unkown reason.

Every manager likes the righty, righty match-up. It's common in baseball.

BMac made a good pitch (personally I would had just challenged him with the heat after 2 change-ups) and Court knew what to do with it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Anderson has looked a lot better at the plate the last week or so.  He is putting balls in play and getting some good swings up there.

I've got to go by Ed and Chris....but BA's a confident guy....when he started off the year so badly, it just totally messed with him. It seems like Ozzie thinks, and I agree, that we just need to keep trotting him out there.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
It looked like Crede halfassed that last play to me. I think he could've got it. :(

:rolly

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
The loss is on our best reliever(up to this point) as well.  This game is killing me right now cause I hate losses like this but unfortunately that is baseball and s*** like this happens.

Doesn't hurt as much knowing we were World Champs last year eigher. Any other time like chisonfan79 said, I would have screamed my ass off, cursing up a storm.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:25 AM)
The loss is on our best reliever(up to this point) as well.  This game is killing me right now cause I hate losses like this but unfortunately that is baseball and s*** like this happens.

If you think of all the stuff that went wrong tonight, it's not a negative loss. The Anderson homer will do nothing but help his confidence, and Cotts/Politte looked well. I'd rather lose the way we did instead of just give up in the 9th like we used to do a few years ago.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
Every manager likes the righty, righty match-up. It's common in baseball.

BMac made a good pitch (personally I would had just challenged him with the heat after 2 change-ups) and Court knew what to do with it.

Ya, I know most managers like it but Oz really lives and dies by it. I'm not bashing him for it because that's the way he manages, I do disagree with it a lot though but Ozzie>>>infinite amount of these>>>>me.

As far as the pitch, ya it seems like it was a good pitch(I can't watch any games right now), and Brandon just got beat. It's not the last time that'll happen either, just gotta get 'em tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
If you think of all the stuff that went wrong tonight, it's not a negative loss.  The Anderson homer will do nothing but help his confidence, and Cotts/Politte looked well.  I'd rather lose the way we did instead of just give up in the 9th like we used to do a few years ago.

Oh I know and if we can get Neal and Cliff straightened out(I really have no worries about Neal) then watch out but these type of losses hurt no matter what.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:30 AM)
As far as the pitch, ya it seems like it was a good pitch(I can't watch any games right now), and Brandon just got beat.  It's not the last time that'll happen either, just gotta get 'em tomorrow.

Yep, our pitchers are all going to lose games like that. I think McCarthy would have bee more effective throwing a few more fastballs tonight. If you start just throwing 77 mph pitches on every batter, that's going to make it a lot easier to adjust to the pitch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:18 AM)
Why even waste time typing that, seriosuly?

well maybe i was being a bit extreme.... but he managed the game like he didnt care about winning it maybe it sounds better that way. Im all for playing bench players especially when we won the first 2 games of a series. But win we have won 8 in a row and the offense is clicking and we have 3 subs in......

Than when Garland went out there for the 8th especially with Ibanez up to bat who always has owned him. And than why IBB Reed when he has sucked offensively.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
Yep, our pitchers are all going to lose games like that.  I think McCarthy would have bee more effective throwing a few more fastballs tonight.  If you start just throwing 77 mph pitches on every batter, that's going to make it a lot easier to adjust to the pitch.

bmac is not shaking our catchers off. He is just looking for the sign and going with it. He is just concentrating on hitting spots.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
Damn Seattle Air took away Thome's blast in the 10th.

Hopefully tomorrow Ozzie actually plays the starters. I have a sick feeling that Ozzie is going to use this series to give all of his starters a day off.

Tomorrow I bet.

Cintron for Gooch

Mack for Anderson

Gload for Konerko

Then on Wednesday he can go with

Widger for AJ

Ozuna for Pods

Cintron for Uribe.