Packers sign Woodson

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
The Packers signed Charles Woodson to a 7 year, 52 million dollar deal.  Now lets just hope he can stay healthy.

Also it sounds like there gonna trade Javon Walker to denver or New Orleans by saturday.

Well, the Woodson bit is old news; but, trading Walker to Denver or New Orleans would have multiple draft implications.

Would Lele be the one coming over from Denver?

With Walker on board, would the Broncos use their first-round selection for something other than the WR which is so heavily anticipated?

Would the Packers be getting back some picks in this year's draft?

It's something to keep an eye on for sure.

The rumors Ive read say Walker is either going to Denver or Philly. The supposed Denver deal inolves a WR, (most likely Lelie), the Philly deal is just picks. Supposedly the Eagle deal has been on the table for a while.

These are just rumors from other people, so I do not vouch for their accuracy.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
The rumors Ive read say Walker is either going to Denver or Philly. The supposed Denver deal inolves a WR, (most likely Lelie), the Philly deal is just picks. Supposedly the Eagle deal has been on the table for a while.

These are just rumors from other people, so I do not vouch for their accuracy.

The Eagles are willing to try their hand with another Rosenhaus wide receiver, huh?

I don't know if that is ballsy or just stupid.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Has anyone else heard that Donald Driver also wants to be traded?

I doubt that, Driver and Favre are great friends and he loves GB, then again anything is possible. Also J Walk visited the saints and is going to to Denver i sthink tommorow also KC,Miami and NE are interested.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

SOme sites speculate Denver will send the #15 pick but I think they are talking out of their ass. I think it was going to be the 6th pick in teh second round but now that Ashley Lelie wants to be a little b**** all the sudden I think it will be Lelie and maybe a #4 or a 3. Lelie is in a walk year so GB would have to think about talking extension, as will Denver or NO if they trade for Walker.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
SOme sites speculate Denver will send the #15 pick but I think they are talking out of their ass. I think it was going to be the 6th pick in teh second round but now that Ashley Lelie wants to be a little b**** all the sudden I think it will be Lelie and maybe a #4 or a 3. Lelie is in a walk year so GB would have to think about talking extension, as will Denver or NO if they trade for Walker.

No way Walker is worth a #15 pick in the draft, especially coming off a year when he blew out his knee. If Denver pays that they are crazy.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
No way Walker is worth a #15 pick in the draft, especially coming off a year when he blew out his knee.  If Denver pays that they are crazy.

True, but I think when healthy Walker is very possibly a top 5 WR in the NFL. Definitely worth the risk for a team like Denver.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 05:27 PM)
Has anyone else heard that Donald Driver also wants to be traded?

this was a false report by ESPN. Driver came out and said he was perfectly happy and has no demands to be traded.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)
this was a false report by ESPN.  Driver came out and said he was perfectly happy and has no demands to be traded.

Wrong.

Per rotoworld:

Donald Driver has asked the team to restructure his contract or trade him.

Green Bay is setting a dangerous precedent if they let Javon Walker force himself at the team. The team is so thin at receiver, we imagine they will give Driver a pay bump to keep him happy. Apr. 28 - 9:19 am et

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
According to Driver's agent, he's right.  The Agent denied Driver made any demands.

Then again, who knows.  Sometimes these things go on behind the scenes and people make denials so that they don't leak out.

I'm hearing it from both ESPN and now a Green Bay newspaper, so, if it quacks like a duck and it looks like a duck...

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
Wrong.

Per rotoworld:

No, right.

"Neither of us has asked that question to the Packers," agent Jordan Woy wrote The Associated Press in an e-mail. "We have had discussions with the team about his contract."

If rotoworld told you the earth was flat would you believe them?

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
No, right. 

"Neither of us has asked that question to the Packers," agent Jordan Woy wrote The Associated Press in an e-mail. "We have had discussions with the team about his contract."

That was a logical jump. :headshake

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
No, right. 

If an agent told you the earth was flat would you believe them?