Mike Scioscia

Linnwood

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
Please don't start implying that I'm some bandwagon fan. That's bulls***.  :rolly

All I'm saying is that I don't think Guillen would gain amnesia about the story of his baseball team and forget that, for instance, Carlos Lee treated Damaso Marte like s*** and thus Marte beaned him. He wouldn't say, "I ordered it" or even condone it, but all I'm saying is that I don't think he'd pretend that nothing had ever happened like Scioscia. I wasn't aware that I'd declared Geoff Blum the best hitter in White Sox history.

I never said that you declared Blum the best hitter in White Sox history. :ph34r:

Speaking of Geoff Blum, I found this off the AP wire.

14th Blum’s plum

It was a long time between big hits for San Diego’s Geoff Blum and it looks as if he needs 14 innings.

It was in the 14th inning of Game 3 in last year’s World Series when Blum hit a game-winning home run for the Chicago White Sox against the Astros.

Now he plays for the Padres and was 0 for 10 on the season until he singled in the 14th inning against the New York Mets.

“The 14th inning has been good to me,” said Blum. “I’m dangerous at dawn.”

:lolhitting

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 07:43 AM)
The warning system IS bulls***.  It changes the way the game is pitched, pitchers have to become less aggressive with the inside half of the plate and it sets hitters up to look outside.  I just dont understand why both teams have to be warned, if one of Contreras' forkballs ran way inside on a righty, then the Sox would have been punished for something that they didnt even retaliate from.  If the umps had "well documented info" about this situation, then maybe before the first pitch is even thrown he should have said something to Escobar, Guillen, and Scioscia about keeping the game under control, instead of waiting until he hit someone.

The warning system can be bulls***, or not, depending on how the ump handles things. Yesterday, they handled it quite well. There needed to be warnings issued at least to Anaheim after that first plunking, and if they didn't want it to get out of hand yesterday, it needed to go to the Sox as well.

The question is whether the ump immediately tosses a pitcher who makes a mistake. A lot of times you can tell, and a smart ump will pay attention to the situation if a player gets plunked. You plunk a guy with 2 outs and the bases empty, that's retaliation. You plunk a guy in a close game deep in the count and maybe with a runner on, that's just pitching inside.

It was handled a lot better yesterday than it was for the Nats/Mets earlier this year, that's for sure.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 07:28 AM)
AJ:  "I don't know why he hit me.  I don't know what I did.  I didn't do anything to show him up.  I just ran to first.  Maybe he should hit the guy who rolled the ball back to the pitcher."

:lol:

:lolhitting Gotta love AJ.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
The manager should pretend that they knew nothing of it, if it was premeditated then suspensions come down.

Exactly.

Whatchoo talking about, Greg? Did you just start watching baseball this past October? Playing dumb is without question the smartest move. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Exactly. 

Whatchoo talking about, Greg?  Did you just start watching baseball this past October?  Playing dumb is without question the smartest move.  :D

Yes, I just started watching baseball this past October. Really I'm a Cubs fan. And I like Cleveland, too.