God bless Jeff Brantley

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
At least Kruk made the correct choice.

Seriously, what do you have to have in your system not to say Pujols?

A large dose of f***tardery?

Paperboy is a fine closer, but how anyone would pass on Albert is beyond me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
He says if he could have ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME.......he'd take Jonathan Papelbon.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That could be the dumbest thing he's ever said, and that's saying something.

This is the same genius who in the same show that thank god Thome is doing well, because Konerko is struggling.

.360BA, 6 dongs, 20 RBI, .433OBP and a .640SLG. Yeah Mullet thats f***ing struggling.

So dippy Mullet would also take Paplebon over say Santana from the twins. Whats a perennial Cy Young type pitcher who is a second half unhittable pitcher, but Santana didnt get a Mohawk. That must be it.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Any player, I tend to like youth Ill take Fielder or Ryan Howard in a heartbeat but if any player than it has to be Albert Pujols.

I wouldn't take Fielder for the sole reason that I can see him ballooning to gigantic proportions in no time. He's gonna make late-era Tony Gwynn look like an anorexic dwarf. Dude's gonna eat himself outta the game if he ain't careful. He's already got the bouncin' titties when he runs.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
I wouldn't take Fielder for the sole reason that I can see him ballooning to gigantic proportions in no time. He's gonna make late-era Tony Gwynn look like an anorexic dwarf. Dude's gonna eat himself outta the game if he ain't careful. He's already got the bouncin' titties when he runs.

He uses those bouncin titties like Homer does to hit a ball. Bouncin titties are VITAL to his swing. How dare you knock those bouncin titties

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 1, 2006 -> 06:40 AM)
He uses those bouncin titties like Homer does to hit a ball.  Bouncin titties are VITAL to his swing.  How dare you knock those bouncin titties

HEY, don't get me wrong - I have a REAL appreciation for the bouncin' titties!!

Bouncin' titties hold a VITAL role in our society, and have played a major role in some of the best moments of my life!!!

....I just don't really want to see them on MALE athletes....

:lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
He says if he could have ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME.......he'd take Jonathan Papelbon.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That could be the dumbest thing he's ever said, and that's saying something.

He also said the White Sox should be happy they got THomes because Konerko is getting off to a slow start. Last time I checked Konerko was getting off to the best start of his career, .360 6 HR 20 RBI, talk about a "slow start"

I'm glad others caught that crap about Konerko being off to a slow start. That f***in guy should be shot. Wasn't it Brantley that ripped Ozzie last season for his handling of the pen?

Where does ESPN come up with these tools to talk baseball?

QUOTE(CarlosMartinez @ May 1, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
I'm glad others caught that crap about Konerko being off to a slow start.  That f***in guy should be shot.  Wasn't it Brantley that ripped Ozzie last season for his handling of the pen?

Where does ESPN come up with these tools to talk baseball?

Brantley and 65% of Soxtalk.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 07:25 AM)
Wasn't there a issue last year with Brantley and the Sox?

Almost an media agrument between him and Guillen??

I remember something...

Yeah, Ozzie didnt bring Hermanson in to close a game( i cant remember if the Sox blew the game or not) and Brantley dwelled on it for two segments on BBTN. Ozzie got pissed and ranted about it, and the next time Brantley was in town he went to smooth things over. He extended his hand, and IIRC, Ozzie just looked at it and didnt shake it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 07:42 AM)
Yeah, Ozzie didnt bring Hermanson in to close a game( i cant remember if the Sox blew the game or not) and Brantley dwelled on it for two segments on BBTN.  Ozzie got pissed and ranted about it, and the next time Brantley was in town he went to smooth things over.  He extended his hand, and IIRC, Ozzie just looked at it and didnt shake it.

I do believe that was the Timo game winning single game versus the Angels.