Pujols, God's gift to hitting

TheHawkaroo

Pujols is on pace to shatter the balance of time and space. Projecting his current stats over a whole season gives you this line.

.346, 102 HR, 233 RBI, 189 R

I projected him to have 591 AB's (Look at his AB's for the last five years 590, 590, 591, 592, 591.)

Of course he won't continue this pace... right?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Does anyone think he actually has a chance to break Bonds' record this year?  It's very early, and I certainly don't want to get my hopes up, but wouldn't it be the sweetest thing for Bonds to see his record erased in his retirement year (probably)?

That would be cool. I really like Pujols. He's a god at the plate, but he's very likable IMO.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
That would be cool.  I really like Pujols.  He's a god at the plate, but he's very likable IMO.

It wouldn't just be cool. It'd be almost poetic justice. For years of cheating, Bonds will see himself fall short of the all-time HR lead, then witness his greatest single-season achievement be broken. Whereas, Pujols would break the record after years of being a great, charitable, clean guy.

Man, that's too sweet to ever come true. Or is it...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Does anyone think he actually has a chance to break Bonds' record this year?  It's very early, and I certainly don't want to get my hopes up, but wouldn't it be the sweetest thing for Bonds to see his record erased in his retirement year (probably)?

Obviously it's still very early and it's always a bad idea to project, but I don't see why not. He already has 14 in what is usually the hardest month to hit. The summer heat of St. Louis is coming and hitting will only get easier. We'll see how that park plays out in the heat, I got a feeling it was made just for Pujols to jack one out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)

I think it would be great it he broke bonds record and I think he has a chance, hopefully people will continue to pitch to him.

I like Pujols a lot.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ May 1, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
I think it would be great it he broke bonds record and I think he has a chance, hopefully people will continue to pitch to him.

I like Pujols a lot.

Well, you do have to admit, the 2 guys the Cardinals have to put behind Albert are, at least on paper, a step or two above what the Giants had back in 2001. Rolen & Edmunds can be pretty darn good when they set their minds to it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
It wouldn't just be cool.  It'd be almost poetic justice.  For years of cheating, Bonds will see himself fall short of the all-time HR lead, then witness his greatest single-season achievement be broken.  Whereas, Pujols would break the record after years of being a great, charitable, clean guy.

Man, that's too sweet to ever come true.  Or is it...

^^^

:cheers

QUOTE(soxhawks @ May 1, 2006 -> 04:28 PM)
I don't think he will break any home run records because everyone hits a wall and he will go through at least one month when he hits less than 5 homers.

Umm, no. Albert Pujols has only had 2 months in his 5 year career where he has hit under 5 HRs. July of '01 he hit 4 and September of '02 when he hit 2 HRs. Albert Pujols does not hit walls, he hits balls.

Does Pujols ever run/hit into a hitting slump?

I don't think any of our starting pitchers are capable of being a match to Pujols once we face the Cards. Only guy I see succeeding against him is probably Contreras.

I like Pujols a lot.

I think he can still jack 80 regardless if he is pitched to or not. Put aside Bonds using the juice for a second. In 2001, when he hit 73, he also walked 177 times. I think Pujols can keep it up. The guy is amazing. I think Bonds aside, he and A-Rod have a shot at 800 career HR's if they stay healthy and put up the numbers they have. The only question is do you think they'll deal w/ all the hell Bonds has to deal w/ as they approach the Hammer?

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
I think he can still jack 80 regardless if he is pitched to or not. Put aside Bonds using the juice for a second. In 2001, when he hit 73, he also walked 177 times. I think Pujols can keep it up. The guy is amazing. I think Bonds aside, he and A-Rod have a shot at 800 career HR's if they stay healthy and put up the numbers they have. The only question is do you think they'll deal w/ all the hell Bonds has to deal w/ as they approach the Hammer?

Well seeing how both A-Rod and Pujols are genuine characters and just overall great people (especially Pujols), I think they'll be embrased and recognized as the truely great players that they are.

Well seeing how both A-Rod and Pujols are genuine characters and just overall great people (especially Pujols), I think they'll be embrased and recognized as the truely great players that they are.

I see. I can imagine that. I meant more along the lines of the scrutiny of steriods, b/c of the era they play in, regardless of the testing procedures.

Shockingly, this will probably be the first year we'll see Pujols walk 100+ times in a season. Finally after years, teams are now starting to get this guy is dangerous and will give him his Barry Bonds treatment. He might even pass Bonds on walks this season as well since he will be healthy all season most likely.

Shockingly, this will probably be the first year we'll see Pujols walk 100+ times in a season. Finally after years, teams are now starting to get this guy is dangerous and will give him his Barry Bonds treatment. He might even pass Bonds on walks this season as well since he will be healthy all season most likely.

Barring a freak injury of course. But I see no way he walks 232+ times and still goes yard 80 times. Maybe 150-180, but defintly not over 200.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Barring a freak injury of course. But I see no way he walks 232+ times and still goes yard 80 times. Maybe 150-180, but defintly not over 200.

I didn't say his record. I'm saying he can actually walk more than Bonds THIS season.