Royals @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Crede, Ozuna, Jenks all stepped up. Tough win but a good one, they earned it. So now when the Sunday lineup is in and we sub in two guys, oh never mind :D

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
When was this.  To my eyes, it looked like all fastballs and curves.

Wait, so what you're saying is if there's an 85 MPH pitch that breaks2 feet late from 12-6 that it's a curveball?

It was clocked at 88 and was clearly different than his curve. His curveballs were 81, 82, 83. His fastballs were in the mid 90's. The change came out straight and just dropped at the last second. He threw it to German.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
It was clocked at 88 and was clearly different than his curve. His curveballs were 81, 82, 83. His fastballs were in the mid 90's. The change came out straight and just dropped at the last second. He threw it to German.

I just watched the inning again via Tivo he didn't throw a single change, nothing but fastballs and curves. The gun had been off all day, unless you believe that Buehrle was throwing 75 MPH fastballs at times and 93 others. Also Andy Sisco threw one 111 MPH, which is pretty neato.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
I just watched the inning again via Tivo he didn't throw a single change, nothing but fastballs and curves. The gun had been off all day, unless you believe that Buehrle was throwing 75 MPH fastballs at times and 93 others. Also Andy Sisco threw one 111 MPH, which is pretty neato.

ooo, that's fast.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)

Watch it again. The 88 mph pitch he threw was a change up. His curveball has trajectory to it. The change came out straight and just fell off the table.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Watch it again. The 88 mph pitch he threw was a change up. His curveball has trajectory to it. The change came out straight and just fell off the table.

Yeah, you're wrong but you can keep posting the same thing, doesn't bother me..

I feel sorry for Justin Huber, I really do. He deserves a lot better.

But a good win today, in one of those games where we weren't at our best, and we had to battle. The bullpen came in and did their job. You see they can provide 3IP of scoreless relief. :)