Royals @ Sox

Heads22

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
You know, for constantly giving people s*** for posting certain things, you really give out a lot of jabs yourself.

Those aren't jabs, they're counter punches.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
ozuna should have at least attempted to get back to third...he gave up on that play....other than that he is a stud!

No chance. You have to commit to the guy getting the bunt down. That's why it's called a suicide.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
You don't get the argument, do you?  It's all about rhythm with your lineup, and that's what we've had with our starters.  The typical starting lineup has a great mixture of power, contact hitters, and defense.  The more you go to the bench, the more you lose that rhythm.  If we had more success with the 3 bench lineup this season, then many on us wouldn't be complaining about it.

fathom we all get it. The point is it doesn't need to be drilled into everyone's heads everytime it happens. Ozzie does it and he's going to continue to do it, why keep b****ing about it?

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Because he's still only killing the ball 35% of the time... and striking out the other 65% of the time.

That is HORRIBLE reasoning.

Plus, he's on a 8 game hitting streak (I think its 8 at least) where he's hitting .450+

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
You don't get the argument, do you?  It's all about rhythm with your lineup, and that's what we've had with our starters.  The typical starting lineup has a great mixture of power, contact hitters, and defense.  The more you go to the bench, the more you lose that rhythm.  If we had more success with the 3 bench lineup this season, then many on us wouldn't be complaining about it.

I've heard the argument ad nauseum, at this point. Not only is it getting old, it's a dumb argument.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Those aren't jabs, they're counter punches.

I still don't understand why you had to "point out" to me that Gio was never on the Sox last season. All I mentioned was that he's the person that I miss the most in the organization, as he's been great again this season. I didn't mention anything in that thread about it, as there's no reason to start bickering.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
That is HORRIBLE reasoning.

Plus, he's on a 8 game hitting streak (I think its 8 at least) where he's hitting .450+

I still don't have confidence in him making contact. If anything, it was a bad call because Thome was on deck.

Nice idea, didn't pay off. s*** happens. If the squeeze is successful, not one of you would be complaining.

Guest JimH
Nah.  Just poor management decisions emptying the bench when you are going for a series win and people like you.  Aside from that people are pretty cool.

Stay tuned, I'll let the moderators take care of you. You've been asked at least a dozen times to stay away from my posts, yet you can't seem to oblige, as I have obliged with you. Apparantly you're upset that you can't get your way.

Go ahead and get the last word in, I'll discuss with the moderators.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
I've heard the argument ad nauseum, at this point.  Not only is it getting old, it's a dumb argument.

:huh That makes total sense.

It's a valid argument. When we have subs in the lineup, are winning totals are considerably lower.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Stay tuned, I'll let the moderators take care of you.  You've been asked at least a dozen times to stay away from my posts, yet you can't seem to oblige, as I have obliged with you.  Apparantly you're upset that you can't get your way.

Go ahead and get the last word in, I'll discuss with the moderators.

ooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hes gonna tell on me!!

I can feel the tension in the air.

:D

QUOTE(fathom @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
I still don't understand why you had to "point out" to me that Gio was never on the Sox last season.  All I mentioned was that he's the person that I miss the most in the organization, as he's been great again this season.  I didn't mention anything in that thread about it, as there's no reason to start bickering.

I didn't realize that was you, in particular. I was just commenting on the fact that someone was missed that never even played on the Sox. I didn't comment on it because you made the post.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
I didn't realize that was you, in particular.  I was just commenting on the fact that someone was missed that never even played on the Sox.  I didn't comment on it because you made the post.

Fair enough. And to be honest, I hadn't even looked at Gio's stats until I saw that thread, and thought about him. I was more surprised that there hadn't been any posts about him (for the record, I loved the Thome trade).

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)

It's a valid argument. When we have subs in the lineup, are winning totals are considerably lower.

But the backups allow our starting lineup to be well rested for those 10 games or so when they're undefeated... or something

Pablo Ozuna: 13 games

Jim Thome: 13 Home Runs

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)

And when our regulars are dragging ass in August because they never get a break, and our subs can't do anything because they haven't played, we'll tank. Then you should be happy.