Sox '05 Commemorative DVD Set

Drew

ANE074722.jpg

Specifically, this set.

Now I know that they don't have all twelve games in their entirety or such is the rumor. But what can you say about it that one can't deduce from looking it up on the web?

I've been fed up with MLB.tv and their choppy, slow streams, their blackout restrictions, and PC-only Digital Rights Management for a while now, which means I can't even buy the downloads and view them on any computer in my house. Clicking the icon just means another few hours worth of stop-and-start, freeze-to-black, sound-only torment.

But without Cable, Tivo, or a decent Network TV signal, it's the only way I can really view the Postseason games I missed because of my night job, being out of market and all.

While we'd all love a set that has all twelve games, it doesn't seem in the cards at least for now. Specifically the ones I'm interested in are LDS Game 3, Games 2, 4, and 5 of ALCS, and 2 and 4 of WS...the ones I didn't see either at all or not in entirety.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Drew

I bought it a few months ago, and just seeing those games makes me almost cry. And I never cry for anything.

I love that set, and will treasure it forever.

By the way, Yasny, I haven't talked or chatted with you in a really long time, but WE DID IT!

We are World Series Champions!

:snr :cheers :headbang

QUOTE(Pastime @ May 13, 2006 -> 05:34 AM)
I bought it a few months ago, and just seeing those games makes me almost cry. And I never cry for anything.

I love that set, and will treasure it forever.

By the way, Yasny, I haven't talked or chatted with you in a really long time, but WE DID IT!

We are World Series Champions!

:snr :cheers :headbang

:cheers At times, it's still hard to believe.

Part of me still doesn't accept it, and I've heard a few talking heads saying that it's normal to feel that way when you are a fan of a team that has had a track record of futility.

Either way, I'm still a fan of a World Champion, whether my pea-brain accepts it completely or not.

If they shore up the bullpen, then we'll be having a hard time accepting another Championship. Rock on, White Sox.

:headbang :gosox1:

Edited by Pastime

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
Specifically, what you get with this set is game 3 of the ALDS, game 5 of the ALCS, all 4 games of the WS and a behind the scenes type DVD with interviews, locker celebrations, parade footage, etc.

They really should've included Game 2 of the ALCS. Outside of the infamous ending, Buehrle pitched a gem.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:01 AM)
Its fantastic... if you can get past Chris Berman's absurd call of game three against boston....

No s***. My favorite? Sixth inning, El Duque vs. Damon, bases juiced, 3-2 count: "Oh no! He struck out!"

then of course as they're going to commercial he makes some blubbered remark about El Duque, sort of an after thought. It should've been: "HE STRUCK HIM OUT! HE STRUCK HIM OUT! EL DUQUE WORKS HIS MAGIC! That's one of the greatest pitching performances I've ever seen in my life!! WOW!!"

speaking of which...any chance the duke might be available around the trade deadline?

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 13, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Does it show the clinching game against Detroit, or at least the postgame celebration? I will probably be picking this up next week.

I believe it shows the last half inning and then the celebration afterwards.

Almost positive.