What are the Odds?

tonyho7476

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:44 AM)
Call me crazy but I think we might trade either Pods or Uribe. Uribe has been amazing at short stop but his bat needs to pick up. I think that either Cintron might be a temp while we trade both pods and Uribe to try to get someone. I think Ozuna is ready to play play especially in left field. If you think about it Pods is starting to get things together but for awhile he was struggling. We need him to get on base and use his speed thats where he is most deadly. I think Ozuna has that speed as well.

If your suggestions go the way you say, then the Sox have no bench. Pablo and Cintron are what makes the Sox so dangerous, they have a strong bench.

So, I am going to concur with J4L, you are crazy.

Call me crazy but I think we might trade either Pods or Uribe. Uribe has been amazing at short stop but his bat needs to pick up. I think that either Cintron might be a temp while we trade both pods and Uribe to try to get someone. I think Ozuna is ready to play play especially in left field. If you think about it Pods is starting to get things together but for awhile he was struggling. We need him to get on base and use his speed thats where he is most deadly. I think Ozuna has that speed as well.

I will be as nice about this as I can be... Ozuna is a horrible left fielder, and would not do well playing everyday.

There is zero chance of Uribe getting traded this year, short of Juan saying "trade me or else".

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:06 AM)
I will be as nice about this as I can be... Ozuna is a horrible left fielder, and would not do well playing everyday.

There is zero chance of Uribe getting traded this year, short of Juan saying "trade me or else".

Who are you and where is the real SS2K5?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 15, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Not sure if this has been discussed, but if Anderson's bat continues to stay under .200, and the Twins are willing to deal, I would love to see Hunter roaming our outfield. Obviously his glove is unreal...but he is also a pretty decent hitter, and we know he knows how to run over a cather. Ouch!

Should we pursue him and what do you think he would cost us?

0% - Minnesota wouldn't trade him to us unless they got to pick our top 5 prospects.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
I like Citron but he is no Uribe with the glove. Lets remember what pos our skipper played,do you think he would put up with an OK fielding SS? I think Citron is going to play 2nd next year and Im fine with that.

Don't the White Sox have an option on Iguchi ?

Instead of dismissing this, I'd love to know who you think the Sox would target in a trade involving Pods and Uribe.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:44 AM)

I could see us eventually dealing both of those guys, but not this year. And we won't dump Uribe until we have somebody in our farm system who will be as good defensively. That may take a while. Pods will likely be the first to go, but I'm not sure that Ozuna is good enough to be a starter.

I don't think either of those guys would get traded during the season, but Pods is arbitration eligible, Sweeney is waiting in the wings. Pods has definitely been on fire lately, but the Sox were still winning when he was scuffling. It wouldn't shock me if he was moved, although if Anderson doesn't start hitting, I can't forsee an outfield with BA in CF and Sweeney in LF for the back to back defending champs.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 16, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
I could see us eventually dealing both of those guys, but not this year. And we won't dump Uribe until we have somebody in our farm system who will be as good defensively. That may take a while. Pods will likely be the first to go, but I'm not sure that Ozuna is good enough to be a starter.

Ozuna's not good enough to be a starter.

Moving Podsednik during the season would be foolish since we would lose our primary basestealing threat and our only legitimate leadoff guy.

In the offseason, maybe, but no way during the year.

I actually think Pods will stay on the Sox through 2007.

And YAS is right, Ozuna is not good enough to play everyday.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 16, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Instead of dismissing this, I'd love to know who you think the Sox would target in a trade involving Pods and Uribe.

There's no way during the season that Pods or Uribe are going anywhere. Sure, if Uribe just doesn't hit this season, I'm sure they will look at Cintron/elsewhere, but I think he'll get his average up to an aceeptable area.

The White Sox have shown a willingness to increase payroll so if they did want to improve the bullpen (probably their only questionable spot outside of Jon Garland), they could use prospects to add another arm or two, plus middle relievers aren't the most expensive position to fill.

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:44 AM)

Uribe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cintron

Even when he's not hitting.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 16, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Uribe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cintron

Even when he's not hitting.

That's a ridiculous statement. If Uribe plays great defense, and hit's .180 this season, there's a good chance that he'll lose his starting job next season. This season, everything is going great - there's more than enough hitting right now to make up for his numbers, and we'll still waiting for the pitchers to get into a groove. I do believe that Uribe will get it going, and will finish in the .240-.260 range.

Hell no to Hunter. Hunter is more expensive, older, and would mess up the chemistry of this team. Do you think the guys on the team that were here in 2003 don't remember his cheap shot on Burke that started our losing ways? There is no way in hell we get him on this team. BA is going to be a stud defensively with a great arm and good speed. His offense could even equal Hunter's output by the end of this year, and if not, then next year.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Hell no to Hunter. Hunter is more expensive, older, and would mess up the chemistry of this team. Do you think the guys on the team that were here in 2003 don't remember his cheap shot on Burke that started our losing ways? There is no way in hell we get him on this team. BA is going to be a stud defensively with a great arm and good speed. His offense could even equal Hunter's output by the end of this year, and if not, then next year.

1. It really wasn't a cheap shot.

2. I doubt the Sox players would hold such a pathetic grudge.

3. Torii is one of the nicest/coolest guys in baseball, it would be awesome having him on the Sox simply because of his personality.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
1. It really wasn't a cheap shot.

2. I doubt the Sox players would hold such a pathetic grudge.

3. Torii is one of the nicest/coolest guys in baseball, it would be awesome having him on the Sox simply because of his personality.

1. It was a cheap shot. Burke was standing out of the basepath, Hunter went out of his way to knock him down. The play wasn't even close, all Hunter had to do was run by and be safe. I was at that game with a perfect angle on the play.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Not sure if this has been discussed, but if Anderson's bat continues to stay under .200, and the Twins are willing to deal, I would love to see Hunter roaming our outfield. Obviously his glove is unreal...but he is also a pretty decent hitter, and we know he knows how to run over a cather. Ouch!

Should we pursue him and what do you think he would cost us?

ODDS????? :

Since I have nothing to add as Torii Hunter to the White Sox is about the most ridiculous thing I've yet heard in this young season, a related story found by a quick Google...

http://ozzie-ball.mlblogs.com/ozzie_ball/2...ay_the_sox.html

We watched Torii Hunter rob yet another home run - this time off the bat of Paul Konerko. It is surreal how many times it seems we have seen this same clip over and over again from Torii Hunter. It didn't matter that day, but at the time the Sox were down, and I was pretty disappointed.

We began talking about what Torii Hunter did to Jamie Burke in 2004, when he collided with him at home plate, sending Burke to the hospital. I'll never forget how angry and humiliated I felt as a White Sox fan, and how they added insult to injury when Johann Santana shut us down the very next day. But the gentleman next to me said, to paraphrase, "That was the day I believe the Sox got better. Kenny Williams saw the kind of hard-nosed players he wanted and brought him to our ballclub." I also believe another turning point was when Carlos Lee didn't go in hard on a slide. I believe Ozzie's comments was to the effect that he slid as if it was his wife guarding the base. Jamie Burke is not with the big club, and we all know what happened to Carlos Lee, being traded for Scott Podsednik. What a great move that was, even though I must admit I was not sure how it would work out at the time. Walk off home run World Series Game 2...

I suppose if the gentleman's view is correct, we indirectly have Torii Hunter to thank, at least in part, for being a mirror to the White Sox organization of the kind of players we needed to win. So... Kenny signs former Twin AJ Pierzynski, and so-called "clubhouse cancer" after first saying he didn't think he would "fit." Obviously Kenny's reconsideration paid off in incalcuable dividends.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
1. It was a cheap shot. Burke was standing out of the basepath, Hunter went out of his way to knock him down. The play wasn't even close, all Hunter had to do was run by and be safe. I was at that game with a perfect angle on the play.

Does it matter that you were at the game or I saw the replay 50 times ?

Point is, that the White Sox WILL NOT be acquring him.