Springer nails Bonds, Fans appluad

Phuck the Cubs

To set things straight, as pointed above the past between Springer and Bonds hasnt been to good as Nokona noted, Springer obviously has no liking for Bonds, you all saw the clip on espn he was definitely aiming for Bonds and will get fined for it because he hit him. The fans standing up and giving an ovation is just their own opinion, there are those that respect him and those that dont. Hitting a player shouldnt be tolerated but yes it is apart of the game.

Lots of people hate Bonds, just the other day someone was telling me how Bonds agent Anderson is in prison and Bonds told him to give the drug to other players (Sheff and so on). Yet when I ask him if Bonds broke the record would he be mad he said no, everyone wants to see it happen, unfortunately for some it is inevitable and others it is a gift to see such a feat, drugs or no drugs as you can see right now Bonds doesnt always hit home runs.

Personally its a shame to see all this hatred towards him, hes a good player and a statue will be built for him as the owner of the giants had noted in the TV show Bonds on Bonds for those who dont watch it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
To set things straight, as pointed above the past between Springer and Bonds hasnt been to good as Nokona noted, Springer obviously has no liking for Bonds, you all saw the clip on espn he was definitely aiming for Bonds and will get fined for it because he hit him. The fans standing up and giving an ovation is just their own opinion, there are those that respect him and those that dont. Hitting a player shouldnt be tolerated but yes it is apart of the game.

Lots of people hate Bonds, just the other day someone was telling me how Bonds agent Anderson is in prison and Bonds told him to give the drug to other players (Sheff and so on). Yet when I ask him if Bonds broke the record would he be mad he said no, everyone wants to see it happen, unfortunately for some it is inevitable and others it is a gift to see such a feat, drugs or no drugs as you can see right now Bonds doesnt always hit home runs.

Personally its a shame to see all this hatred towards him, hes a good player and a statue will be built for him as the owner of the giants had noted in the TV show Bonds on Bonds for those who dont watch it.

Anderson was his personal trainer not agent.

The beanball is a valuable, time-honored baseball tool. People have been beaning forever, and it's a part of the game -- an important part of the game, too, for pitchers to establish dominance and rivalries to ferment. This isn't little league. If you want to say it's "Bush league" to root for beanballs, by all means do so.

I was impressed by Springer's being one of the few with the courage to outright throw at Barry. That was obvious and, Rules Being Rules, he does deserve to be suspended.

I, however, can't say I didn't cheer it on, because I am a tad of a headhunter. I've no problem with the beanball. If a pitcher is willing to risk an ass kicking and the consequences from the league, by all means throw away.

Bonds isn't a little kid, and if someone wants to hurt him, then let them. And I'd feel the same way about, I don't know, Greg Maddux plunking Jim Thome's elbow or lower back. If Maddux is bold enough, let him face his consequences. I don't think it's shameful or a disgrace to bean someone.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2006 -> 03:13 AM)
The beanball is a valuable, time-honored baseball tool. People have been beaning forever, and it's a part of the game -- an important part of the game, too, for pitchers to establish dominance and rivalries to ferment. This isn't little league. If you want to say it's "Bush league" to root for beanballs, by all means do so.

A beanball is defined as a ball that hits one in the head.

Bean = Your head

Don't root for beanballs, dude. :D

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
:lolhitting

It's pure comedy as far as I'm concerned. I'd pay top dollar for a highlight reel of Bonds getting plunked.

Scumbags should be made to suffer, and Russ Springer is now a personal hero of mine. :D

Come on fathom, you know that you were laughing out loud when you saw the pitch sequence. :D

^^^^^^

f*** Barry the scumbag!

Personally I think all pitchers should plunk Barry. Throw at his knees and take the cheating bastard out.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
A beanball is defined as a ball that hits one in the head.

Bean = Your head

Don't root for beanballs, dude. :D

I've got no problem with pitching to the head, either, if that's what the pitcher wants to do.

Couldn't have have happened to a bigger asshole. If Bonds really didn't like it, Springer was just 60 feet 6 inches away.

That said, I do find it much more interesting to watch the results of stroids completely deterioriate Bonds' body much rather than a possible successful beanball to his coconut.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Ummm... :huh:

I wish he were still playing. I'd probably crack his head open to show him how valuable I was.

My favorite non-Sox baseball quote.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Couldn't have have happened to a bigger asshole. If Bonds really didn't like it, Springer was just 60 feet 6 inches away.

What a monstrous thing to say!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
Bonds is a meany so we should throw at his head and take the risk of ending his career. :angry:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I would like nothing better than to see that miserable f*** writhing in agony on the turf.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I would like nothing better than to see that miserable f*** writhing in agony on the turf.

Becasue he's mean? So if he took steroids and was a super nice guy, say made you a cake or some s***, then you'd like him? Who gives a s*** how nice he is? You don't have to talk to the f***ing guy.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
If a Sox hitter got pegged in the head you would be b****ing about it.

Not so much, tiger.

While it wasn't to the head, my reaction to Pierzynski being beaned was "I love it." I love the beanball. I think it's an important part of baseball. If a Sox hitter is hit, by all means. That's a side of baseball, and a valuable one.

Hit someone right back. Or charge the mound. ::shrug::

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Not so much, tiger.

While it wasn't to the head, my reaction to Pierzynski being beaned was "I love it." I love the beanball. I think it's an important part of baseball. If a Sox hitter is hit, by all means. That's a side of baseball, and a valuable one.

So what happened to JT Snow a few Spring Trainings ago was alright? Beanballs can end careers and cause severe injury, if you fracture your skull somehow I don't think you'll be charging the f***ing mound.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 17, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
Bonds is a meany so we should throw at his head and take the risk of ending his career. :angry:

The beanball has been around for centuries. The mindset that we should forego throwing at players is yet another step in the wussification of baseball.

From not pitching to certain hitters (pre-"Holy s***, my steroid advantage is gone" Bonds, Pujols, et al.) just because they can get a HR possibly to looking down at hard slides/take out slides -- hitters everywhere have to abide by fake rules that prevent them from playing as hard as they can and policing on the field, in house style.

Pitchers lose an important tool in their arsenal, one that brushes players back from crowding the plate. In the age where hitters get to wear arm gear so large it could have its own Congressman, the ability to pitch inside has been greatly negated. Hitting batters is also a way to police within the game. It sends a message to the other team that certain s*** won't be tolerated.

This 'old school' formula has worked for years. Why should pitchers be forced to lose a tool in their arsenal that they and their team believe is necessary and has worked for decades to effectively deal with issues on the field?

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Bonds didn't like it, Springer was just 60 feet away.

The only reason any of it is different now is that we have the media overanalyzing the issues and shoving them down our throats. I swear, if we had ESPN back in the deadball era, you'd see "Should Cobb Be Suspended for 10 games for going spikes up into a slide? Harold Reynolds and John Kruk parrot the same goddamn opinion for 20 minutes!"

While informative for scores, injury reports, trades/roster moves, sports media by and far has become a tool where a relatively minor issue (i.e. Springer throwing at Bonds) gets blown up to gigantic proportions all because Bonds is a cheating, steroid abusing tool. It is just another step towards the 'sanitization' of baseball. Soon enough, the players will be sitting in group therapy talking about their inner children and their feelings instead.

Christ, a douchebag who deserved it got hit by a douchebag. That was it. The pitcher isn't saying he is innocent and is willing to serve his impending suspension. End of story. For all those saying that this is going to 'disgrace' baseball -- if baseball can survive gambling scandals like the Black Sox, the events of Pete Rose, numerous fights/beanballs/brawls and numerous racist/dirty players (i.e. Cobb), it sure as Hell can survive just one more plunking.

Not so much, tiger.

You have no f***in clue what you're talking about if you think getting hit in the head is part of baseball. Go watch a different sport, cause that is so false.

Not so much, tiger.

Getting drilled in the head with a ball is not part of the game.

Sure you loved it when AJP got pegged, if that ball was anywhere near his head you wouldn't have.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
So what happened to JT Snow a few Spring Trainings ago was alright? Beanballs can end careers and cause severe injury, if you fracture your skull somehow I don't think you'll be charging the f***ing mound.

It's part of the risk you take in playing the game.

Or would it help if I put the F word in between every other f***ing word?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
You have no f***in clue what you're talking about if you think getting hit in the head is part of baseball. Go watch a different sport, cause that is so false.

I suppose the beanball hasn't been around in baseball forever, then, and I just made it up. Roger Clemens didn't say he'd bean Hank Aaron, and no one's ever thrown for the head!

:huh

You guys sure are getting a little overf***INGexcited about this.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
The beanball has been around for centuries. The mindset that we should forego throwing at players is yet another step in the wussification of baseball.

From not pitching to certain hitters (pre-"Holy s***, my steroid advantage is gone" Bonds, Pujols, et al.) just because they can get a HR possibly to looking down at hard slides/take out slides -- hitters everywhere have to abide by fake rules that prevent them from playing as hard as they can and policing on the field, in house style.

Pitchers lose an important tool in their arsenal, one that brushes players back from crowding the plate. In the age where hitters get to wear arm gear so large it could have its own Congressman, the ability to pitch inside has been greatly negated. Hitting batters is also a way to police within the game. It sends a message to the other team that certain s*** won't be tolerated.

This 'old school' formula has worked for years. Why should pitchers be forced to lose a tool in their arsenal that they and their team believe is necessary and has worked for decades to effectively deal with issues on the field?

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Bonds didn't like it, Springer was just 60 feet away.

The only reason any of it is different now is that we have the media overanalyzing the issues and shoving them down our throats. I swear, if we had ESPN back in the deadball era, you'd see "Should Cobb Be Suspended for 10 games for going spikes up into a slide? Harold Reynolds and John Kruk parrot the same goddamn opinion for 20 minutes!"

While informative for scores, injury reports, trades/roster moves, sports media by and far has become a tool where a relatively minor issue (i.e. Springer throwing at Bonds) gets blown up to gigantic proportions all because Bonds is a cheating, steroid abusing tool. It is just another step towards the 'sanitization' of baseball. Soon enough, the players will be sitting in group therapy talking about their inner children and their feelings instead.

Christ, a douchebag who deserved it got hit by a douchebag. That was it. The pitcher isn't saying he is innocent and is willing to serve his impending suspension. End of story. For all those saying that this is going to 'disgrace' baseball -- if baseball can survive gambling scandals like the Black Sox, the events of Pete Rose, numerous fights/beanballs/brawls and numerous racist/dirty players (i.e. Cobb), it sure as Hell can survive just one more plunking.

:)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)

Wait, let me get this straight...throwing a baseball at someone because they're mean doesn't sound like a pussy to you? Fine, Bonds charges the mound, a bunch of people jump in and overall absolutely nothing happens. Sounds more like a pussy to me to throw a baseball at someone and have your whole team backing that guy up. His problem with Bonds has nothing to do with baseball, you have a problem with him then take it out, outside the park, but I assume he's too big of a pussy to do that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Becasue he's mean? So if he took steroids and was a super nice guy, say made you a cake or some s***, then you'd like him? Who gives a s*** how nice he is? You don't have to talk to the f***ing guy.

I don't give a s*** how nice, or not nice in his case, he is. I dont want a f***ing cheater like him breaking any records. The fact that he's a racist, arrogant asshole does make it even easier, if that was possible, to hate him.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 18, 2006 -> 03:57 AM)

And if he would've charged the mound, he would have been called out by fans and media alike as a punk for going after a guy five inches & thirty pounds lighter than him.

Funny how this double standard works with Bonds -- if he charges, he's a big meany, but since he doesn't charge, he's a puss who deserved it.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
Sure you loved it when AJP got pegged, if that ball was anywhere near his head you wouldn't have.

I would feel terrible for almost any player beaned in the head whose career was ruined by it. I would not lose my marbles, however, because the pitcher aimed at the guy's skull.

Duck for cover if you're the batter.

And, if AJ was beaned and had his career ruined, I'd feel terrible because I love AJ, but I wouldn't throw a fit over it and lost all control about how UNFAIR it was for the pitcher to bean him.

Getting drilled in the head with a ball is not part of the game.

Beanball. Hello? Shot to the head. Pitchers pitching AT batters is nothing new, and neither is the practice of aiming at their heads. That's why there's the term "headhunter."