Listening to the Score

Steff

And I have to say.. some good calls today.

One guy just was on. Of course first comment was to rip the Sox - which they deserve, but the second was a list of questions that the media should have asked Sosa..

1. Where did you get the bat?

2. How long have you had the bat?

3. Didn't you realize while in the on deck circle warming up that you had the wrong bat?

They also brought up a good point that any other bats that might have been corked were likely cleared out before the ups even were done meeting on the field. I know they took 67 bats last night.. wonder if there is an inventory of how many were actually there. I know the Sox keep a very detailed inventory of all player items.

And I have to say.. some good calls today.

One guy just was on. Of course first comment was to rip the Sox - which they deserve, but the second was a list of questions that the media should have asked Sosa..

1. Where did you get the bat?

2. How long have you had the bat?

3. Didn't you realize while in the on deck circle warming up that you had the wrong bat?

They also brought up a good point that any other bats that might have been corked were likely cleared out before the ups even were done meeting on the field. I know they took 67 bats last night.. wonder if there is an inventory of how many were actually there. I know the Sox keep a very detailed inventory of all player items.

and how much cooperation did they get from the Cubs security and employees?

Skip Bayless, a former Tribune writer who covered the Cubs, was on ESPN Radio earlier today and wasn't surprised one bit that Sosa was caught with it. He said Sosa is one of the biggest phonies in sports that he's ever seen and that he's glad people will finally see the true Sosa.

in fact, he said he knew of a couple people within the Cubs organization that suspected Sosa of taking steroids, but they never spoke of it because, well, it is Sosa and like major league baseball, they don't want to tarnish the home run crave, which of course brought in money.

Skip Bayless, a former Tribune writer who covered the Cubs, was on ESPN Radio earlier today and wasn't surprised one bit that Sosa was caught with it. He said Sosa is one of the biggest phonies in sports that he's ever seen and that he's glad people will finally see the true Sosa.

in fact, he said he knew of a couple people within the Cubs organization that suspected Sosa of taking steroids, but they never spoke of it because, well, it is Sosa and like major league baseball, they don't want to tarnish the home run crave, which of course brought in money.

Bayless HATES Sosa, he always was the one guy who would RIP him in the Trib.

Geezus.. they are ripping him a new asshole!!

I have a comment on the roids issue.. Many people inject drugs (herion, coke, roids) into their feet as to hide usage. I was told in 1997 that he was using bad. I have no reason to doubt the information.

I have a comment on the roids issue.. Many people inject drugs (herion, coke, roids) into their feet as to hide usage. I was told in 1997 that he was using bad. I have no reason to doubt the information.

remember the sammy that was on our side back in his younger days? a skinny guy who couldn't hit but could steal bases...now he's quite big, not saying others havent had this happen but its quite drastic

I used to question the Sosa steroid accusers because he was never hurt. But after he lost the 20 pounds coming into this year once baseball started drug testing, coupled with his couple of temper tantrums and other lies and ego trips, I don't question it anymore.

I am not an expert in anything but I kind of want to go over the marks against sosa that have not affected his image. Thomas is destroyed for far less.

In recent memory, (this morning,) there are quotes of him refusing to go to rehab and that this is not an issue as it is too late now. His team was almost swept and lost their first place standing yet he thinks he is too good for the minors.

Knock off the bulls*** THAT team needs me to win.

Contract negotiations that almost get him traded and then his talk he may leave after this season.

Never showing up to spring training on time. Thomas does this and he is the f***ing antichrist.

Steroids, steroids, steroids. This m-f'er is the poster boy.

Cork, cork, cork

Rum bottle, rum bottle, rum bottle.

These are off the top of my head.

You forgot the one where he compared his "sufferings" to those of Jesus during the contract problems he had before his last extension.

does anyone have a link for that? I didn't save it at the time.

I have never regretted our trading him away, and c*** that as one of the happiest days of my Sox life.

Whatever defines the personna of a "Sox" he ain't it.

The Sox have traditionally been a working class and an intellectual type team and the cubs have always been the clowns putting on a show. I like our approach better. As much glitz as Veeck had, it was always clever and you had to think a minute to get it sometimes. The cubs have always been the heel clicking no brain prima donnas.

I have also heard radio reports that several Cub players ran to the locker room while the TV cameras were on the umpires during their pow-wow while inspecting the corked bat. The speculation as to what they were doing ran from players discarding more corked bats to other questionable "substances" before MLB Security confiscated all of ShamME's bats. Pretty interesting stuff.

I am not an expert in anything but I kind of want to go over the marks against sosa that have not affected his image.  Thomas is destroyed for far less.

In recent memory, (this morning,) there are quotes of him refusing to go to rehab and that this is not an issue as it is too late now.  His team was almost swept and lost their first place standing yet he thinks he is too good for the minors.

Knock off the bulls*** THAT team needs me to win.

Contract negotiations that almost get him traded and then his talk he may leave after this season.

Never showing up to spring training on time.  Thomas does this and he is the f***ing antichrist.

Steroids, steroids, steroids.  This m-f'er is the poster boy.

Cork, cork, cork

Rum bottle, rum bottle, rum bottle.

These are off the top of my head.

nice post :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

im still lmao about this one today.........i rushed to work to put the front page of the times on my bosses door before he got in.. him being the huge scrub fan that he is.........lmao when he saw it........im so happy that this happened to shamme......ya know if it were frank he would have been crusified last nite..... glad the press took it and ran with it......im also glad to see alot of people pissed at him for doing this.......about freakin time.......im anxiously awaiting to see how this all pans out for shamme.... ya know they have to punish him somehow and cant just sweep this one under the carpet.. everyone in the free world knows what he did... and they are all watching..... they have to do something drastic enough to keep other players from tryin it and seein if they can get away with it...........gonna be fun to watch..........lmao lmao lmao.... couldnt have happened to a better person........ :headbang :D :D :D

I was listening to the Cubs game on the radio last night and during Scammy's first at-bat, Pat Hughes was saying how he thought Scammy might get a 7-day suspension, but after listening to Sandy Alderson he got the feeling that it could be much less than that.

The the idiot Santo chimes in that since all of Scammy's other bats were clean, he should only get a 3-day suspension or......get this......NO SUSPENSION AT ALL. I wanted to reach through the radio and knock some sense into this moron. That was the most ridiculous thing even for a homer such as Santo to say.

:bang