White Sox versus that other team in town

Heads22

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not that hyped up over the series until now. I dont really get bothered by the Cubs fans, the way I see it is, if they are still Cubs fans then they are real fans not bandwagon fans. Now wether or not they are actual baseball fans is a different story.

I'll be in the bleachers where the majority of the fights seem to take place, so I'm expecting an entertaining experience at the least. I couldn't care less about playing the Cubs compared to any other team but the atmosphere at the park really is a lot of fun. Hopefully Mark is ready to go, we need to get him back on track.

GO CHAMPS

Edited by Rowand44

This series could not have come at a better time, with us seemingly tripping on our own feet the last week and a half. It is just another series that we need to win, but hopefully the added energy of the fans will help to get everything back on track. We could stand to gain a lot of momentum from this, by rattling off some wins.

Lets go Mark, no more "tippy tippy", time to whip some Baby Bear ass!

:fight

:gosox1:

This should be a quick one. I have to go out of town to take care of some family matters, so I'll miss all but today's game. Which is why I had to give away Sunday's tickets.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Guest JimH
Cubs are hitting .192 vs. lefties and Maddux is looking more like he should lately. I say Sox 7-2.

Line ups out yet?

I like your thought process.

I haven't seen the lineups but Mackowiak in CF today perhaps?

Be very afraid of wounded animals. Right now the Cubs scare me. They have nothing to play for BUT this series right now. This would be the only thing they could hang thier hats on this season... beating the World Champs and the challenger to their population trophy. I don't think winning this seires would mean as much to the Sox as it would to the Cubs. That concerns me.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 19, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
Hopefully the Sox offense can hit Maddux today. I know he has shut us out a couple of times.

we beat him last year, IIRC