White Sox versus that other team in town

Heads22

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 19, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
Be very afraid of wounded animals. Right now the Cubs scare me. They have nothing to play for BUT this series right now. This would be the only thing they could hang thier hats on this season... beating the World Champs and the challenger to their population trophy. I don't think winning this seires would mean as much to the Sox as it would to the Cubs. That concerns me.

Yep, they seem to be slowly coming out of their funk and we don't exactly look like WS Champs after dropping 2 of 3 to TB AND being passed up byt the Tigers.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was also included in the blog:

The team arrived home around 1:30 am. By 9 am Neal Cotts was in the clubhouse to work out ("I wake up the same time every day. It doesn't matter when I go to sleep," he said.). Ozzie Guillen was going through mail in his office, and Joey Cora was bouncing around from task to task.

Cotts is awesome, seriously I love that guy.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 19, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
This was also included in the blog:

Cotts is awesome, seriously I love that guy.

Ha I liked that, because I'm the exact same way. I always wake up quarter til 10, if I don't have to wake up to an alarm no matter what I do.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 19, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Nice lineup. Glad to see Cintron starting over Uribe.

What? You don't think Uribe would be able to handle Maddux's offspeed stuff? If I remember correctly, Uribe has had some pathetic ABs vs Maddux in the past.

This was quote on phog.net, my jayhawks message board...I loved it

F--- the Cubs is my sentiment exactly.

What f---ing team ever has been so popular without ever actually doing anything?

What gets me are people in Kansas who claim to be Cubs fans and b!tch about how they have it so tough. WTF?!?! No one forced you to be a Cubs fan! You just follow the crowd because its the chic thing to do. Why don't you try sticking with your region and be a die-hard Royals fan in the smallest market in baseball with no hope in hell of making the playoffs in the forseeable future, ever?

Hell, you have the entire city of Chicago behind you and a national television station showing all your games, and you were in a League Championship Series not three years ago. Whining about how tough it is . . . GMAFB.

Cheers.

Also just another fun fact, Alex Cintron has faced Scott Williamson once in his career, he picked up a hit in that at bat. That just happened to be a homer. One more thing on Alex Cintron, he's 2-3 against Eyre too.

As for the rest of the lineup, career's Vs Maddux:

Pods: 5-24, 3 2B, 4 K

Iguchi: 1-6, K

Thome: 2-16, 2B, 2 K, BB

Konerko: 4-10, 2B, 4 RBI, K

Dye: 3-9, HR, 2 RBI

Pierz: 6-11, 2B, 2 RBI, K

Crede: 1-9, HR, K

Mack: 8-37, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 6 K

Cintron: 2-3, HR

Kong, Dye, Pierz, Cintron ---> Big days today