Brawl Results

Heads22

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Hell yeah, dickweek. :D

lol, i noticed that too. i was going to wait and see if he changed it, but it now stands. Dickweek is now an official soxtalk slander, lmao.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 20, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
I really hope AJ does not get suspended. There is no reason why he should be. I think Anderson will get 5 games or so and may be 1 or 2 for Scotty.

I am very proud of BA for getting right in there. He just earned tons of respect.

They even said a player that doesn't get ejected will not be suspended..

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
lol, i noticed that too. i was going to wait and see if he changed it, but it now stands. Dickweek is now an official soxtalk slander, lmao.

you have never heard dickweek, um neither have I...I just do what i best to get wasted and totally f*** up slang terms....with love,

jimbo's beer.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
you have never heard dickweek, um neither have I...I just do what i best to get wasted and totally f*** up slang terms....with love,

jimbo's beer.

jimbo'sh beer ish deh beshht ;)

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
It wouldn't make sense, but I wouldn't be surprised. They will claim the slap of the plate and his nudge to Barritch motivational I guess.

My guess is that Barrett gets 20 games. AJ will get 5 ( just because ) and BA and Mabry will get 5 apiece.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
My guess is that Barrett gets 20 games. AJ will get 5 ( just because ) and BA and Mabry will get 5 apiece.

20 is seriously excessive, they would never go that high. He'll get around 10, AJ will not get 5 for doing nothing, he'll get 2 tops if anything at all. BA will get 5 and I'm not really sure about Mabry.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
20 is seriously excessive, they would never go that high. He'll get around 10, AJ will not get 5 for doing nothing, he'll get 2 tops if anything at all. BA will get 5 and I'm not really sure about Mabry.

My guess is five tops for Barrett, Mabry, BA and Pods -- they'll probably suspend AJ too. Reason? Becuse he's AJ.

BTW, thanks, Linnwood for the pic. I joined NUKE (and probably a few others) and am using it as my wallpaper.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
My guess is five tops for Barrett, Mabry, BA and Pods -- they'll probably suspend AJ too. Reason? Becuse he's AJ.

BTW, thanks, Linnwood for the pic. I joined NUKE (and probably a few others) and am using it as my wallpaper.

They have to give barrett more than the rest simply because he started the whole thing, if BA and Mabry get 5, Barrett has to get more. It's just the way things work.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)

AJ and Mabry shouldn't get any, however they may each get 1 game. BA could get as many as 7, probably more like 4 or 5 (especially after they appeal); Barret at the most 3-4 more than BA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)
They have to give barrett more than the rest simply because he started the whole thing, if BA and Mabry get 5, Barrett has to get more. It's just the way things work.

Agreed, but I don't have confidence that MLB will see it the same way we all do. They may find AJ's plate slap rather provocative, to say the least.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)

Agreed, but I don't have confidence that MLB will see it the same way we all do. They may find AJ's plate slap rather provocative, to say the least.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
Mabry hurt his ribs during the brawl. Looks like BA did some serious damage.

BA's stock just went up another few points in my book.............and the chances for some serious ugliness in the upcomming games with these tools just got a lot better.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 20, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
It's good to see the national media is not siding with the Cubs, just because they're the Cubs. I can't wait to see BBTN's POV on this also.

Brantley on ESPN basically said people may not want to hear it, but A.J. didn't do anything wrong in this, it was all on Barrett.

Personally, if I was Barrett (sp?) I would be embarassed that I took a free, sucker punch, at someone and I couldn't even knock them off their feet or stun them...

I would say likely nothing will happen tomorrow, but with Zambrano on the mound, it will be interesting, that guy is nuts, and if he starts to lose his control and give up a few runs I could imagine him pelting someone.