5/23/06: White Sox vs. A's

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
I haven't called him "Hanging Slider" Sarloos for nothing these last few years.

Seriously, every game I've seen him pitch he's hanging sliders left and right. Last year in Oakland--when he pitched well against our lineup--Hawk must have said "Had a good pitch to hit and missed it" atleast 15 times.

He's one of the those pitchers you have no idea how he succeeds. Yeah, keep the ball down and Sarloos is fine. But even raise his slider belt-high and above he's toast. Has to be on his game every start.

GET IN THE CHAT YOU!!!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
.288 OBP for Crosby. :P

Jon Kruk tabbed him as his AL MVP before the season started.

yeah honestly that is the absolute worst pick...its so stupid how much people drool over anyone billy beane drafts or trades for...he hit .239 in his only healthy year...the same as joe crede, and has only ever had like 20 homers. whats sad is taht quite a few people picked crosby

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
yeah honestly that is the absolute worst pick...its so stupid how much people droll over anyone billy beane drafts or trades for...he hit .239 in his only healthy year...the same as joe crede, and has only ever had like 20 homers. whats sad is taht quite a few people picked crosby

He hasn't proven anything yet but he's very valuable to Oakland, the A's were a completely different team with him in the lineup last year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 23, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
Maybe you could use a real stat like WHIP, ERA+, OPSA+ or SO?

OBA and OPSA are just going to start repeating the same s***.

I was just using waht was right there together. It gives a good enough snapshot. That's all I wanted. Really I only cared about IP, ERA, record and baa. THe other stuff was just extra. This isn't supposed to be a scientific study or anything.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
He hasn't proven anything yet but he's very valuable to Oakland, the A's were a completely different team with him in the lineup last year.

But his OBP was still low-ish at .344. I don't see how that warrants a pre-season MVP vote?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
But his OBP was still low-ish at .344. I don't see how that warrants a pre-season MVP vote?

I never said that, it's a dumb pick. Just saying that he is pretty important for the A's.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
I was just using waht was right there together. It gives a good enough snapshot. That's all I wanted. Really I only cared about IP, ERA, record and baa. THe other stuff was just extra. This isn't supposed to be a scientific study or anything.

I think WHIP is pretty important. It should be shown over things like OPSA.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
I never said that, it's a dumb pick. Just saying that he is pretty important for the A's.

Oh, alright. I thought you were defending the pick because MVP is Most Valuable Player to their team.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 23, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
I think WHIP is pretty important. It should be shown over things like OPSA.

Like I said, I don't really care about putting "important" things on there. Just things I wanted to have on there as a snapshot.