Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(G&T @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:54 PM)
If Uribe gets on a hot streak then BA's problems will become no more than an annoyance. That would really help out.

Even with Uribe and Anderson sucking thus far this year, our offense is 4th best in the bigs with 271 runs scored. Scoring runs isn't the problem this year.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Even with Uribe and Anderson sucking thus far this year, our offense is 4th best in the bigs with 271 runs scored. Scoring runs isn't the problem this year.

We are 5th best in the bigs with 215 runs allowed. Is that the problem?

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 29, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
We are 5th best in the bigs with 215 runs allowed. Is that the problem?

No, its not, but our offense has been better than our pitching thus far this year.

Its really hard to find problems when a team is 33-17 :P

The only one that the Sox have is the lack of efficency in their bullpen, which is pretty important.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
No, its not, but our offense has been better than our pitching thus far this year.

Its really hard to find problems when a team is 33-17 :P

The only one that the Sox have is the lack of efficency in their bullpen, which is pretty important.

You've pointed at what the real problem is. We are 33-17 but Detriot is 1.5 games better. There it is. It's not the Sox that's the problem.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
When KW swings a trade for a reliever at the deadline everyone will realize that our bullpen is our only real weakness.

If they haven't noticed by then, their just plain dumb.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 29, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
If they haven't noticed by then, their just plain dumb.

But...Brian Anderson! you can't win with a guy hitting .165 in May. You can't. No team in history has ever done that! You can't afford that!

Carlton Fisk in 1983 had a pathetic average into late May. It was so bad, a lot of people thought he was done. On May 29th he was hitting .179 with 3 homers and 11 RBI. I think he finished 2nd or 3rd in the MVP vote that season. Anderson isn't going to get that hot, but he will improve. Unless KW can get a guy who can play great defense in CF, its really silly to have Mackowiak, who Ozzie said it wasn't fair to have him start against Lee or Sabathia, as your full-time CF, and even scarier, who would be backing him up?

Edited by Dick Allen

Anderson should only be facing lefties and used as a late-inning defensive replacement at this point. Mackowiak should face all righties.

I don't see how anybody can argue with this statement. Anderson has played himself into this role until

Mack proves he can't hit the way he's been hitting of late.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Manager Ozzie Guillen backed off earlier statements about Brian Anderson being on the verge of heading to Triple-A.

''It's not fair for the kid to think he has to play good [every at-bat],'' Guillen said. "We need him. He's a big part of the ballclub. Hopefully, he'll go out there and show some improvement."

Per Roto

I am glad to hear that...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Manager Ozzie Guillen backed off earlier statements about Brian Anderson being on the verge of heading to Triple-A.

''It's not fair for the kid to think he has to play good [every at-bat],'' Guillen said. "We need him. He's a big part of the ballclub. Hopefully, he'll go out there and show some improvement."

Per Roto

Excellent news :)

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 30, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
Take this for what its worth.....which is probably very little.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5649680

Might I also suggest a reopening to a trade winds forum? only 2 months til the deadline and its never too early for 80 page threads on what KW won't end up doing

It'll be back for sure, but we'll give it a little bit more time before we do open it back up. Once more names start popping up and more rumors start flying, we'll be certain to have Trade Winds open.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)

Per Roto

That's good news. We need his defense.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Carlton Fisk in 1983 had a pathetic average into late May. It was so bad, a lot of people thought he was done. On May 29th he was hitting .179 with 3 homers and 11 RBI. I think he finished 2nd or 3rd in the MVP vote that season. Anderson isn't going to get that hot, but he will improve. Unless KW can get a guy who can play great defense in CF, its really silly to have Mackowiak, who Ozzie said it wasn't fair to have him start against Lee or Sabathia, as your full-time CF, and even scarier, who would be backing him up?

So were comparing BA to Carlton? But i would just like to see BA have solid AB's in the games he is in, then i will believe that he will come around(pending enough playing time too).

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Another day, another set of s***ty AB's for BA. When will it end? Oh, the carnage, the runners LOB.....

He left 2 on base.

Iguchi Left 3

Konerko left 4

Dye left 2

was it really his fault?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
was it really his fault?

No but he had another bad offensive night. If some of our other hitters have a bad night you know they will bounce back soon if not the next day. That's not the case with Brian. I really would like to see him succeed but I think it might be best for him to do a 2 week stint in Charlotte to get his confidence up. Also, while he is still up I'd like to see him get more opportunities against lousy right-handed pitchers like Westbrook. Ozzie pretty much uses Brian against lefties now and he has struggled against them...like most of the team.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
No but he had another bad offensive night. If some of our other hitters have a bad night you know they will bounce back soon if not the next day. That's not the case with Brian. I really would like to see him succeed but I think it might be best for him to do a 2 week stint in Charlotte to get his confidence up. Also, while he is still up I'd like to see him get more opportunities against lousy right-handed pitchers like Westbrook. Ozzie pretty much uses Brian against lefties now and he has struggled against them...like most of the team.

Get his confidence back up huh? Yeah, nothing like a demotion to make someone gain confidence......

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
Get his confidence back up huh? Yeah, nothing like a demotion to make someone gain confidence......

I would think getting at bats everyday and having a chance to hit over .300 wouldn't be a bad idea. Playing 2 or 3 times a week and hitting .160 with everyone eyeing you isn't helping.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
I would think getting at bats everyday and having a chance to hit over .300 wouldn't be a bad idea. Playing 2 or 3 times a week and hitting .160 with everyone eyeing you isn't helping.

Then we should let him bat everyday. if he cant work it out at the major league level, then he never will. I have confidence in him, and I would rather risk a liability in the lineup than have one in CF.