Luis Gonzalez in the HOF?

BHAMBARONS

Luis Gonzalez in the HOF?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Question from a local paper

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

Career 2210 7943 1257 2265 512 64 321 1277 3868 1013 1080 121 82 .370 .487 .285

His career stats don't stand out, so i would say no. They are good though.

I agree, I think he would need the 79 homers and 88 doubles to clinch it. The 400-600 Club is a prestigious club only 4 players (Stan Musial, Carl Yastrzemski, Hank Aaron, Cal Ripken) in that club.

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(soxhawks @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
he was a total roider

It seems kind of strange how his slugging percentage didn't touch .500 until his 10th year in the majors and then he suddenly had a 57-HR season two years later (and before steroid testing was implemented). I'm very, very suspicious.

Well I don't think he is in but I doubt the roids theory, I have got to know him a little and a better family and community guy I haven't seen he doesn't strike me as a roider. However these days 500 Homers is the calling card and he will not make that.

No.

But on another matter, I really like the type of hitter he's become. He doesn't have the same power he used to at all, but he still has an .850 OPS. How? With a 25/19 BB/K ratio.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
What do you guys think about Biggio?

His numbers are outstanding for a guy who played 2B for most of his career. He'll most likely get in. Robbie Alomar is a lock.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
He gets to 3000 hits and he's in.

Definitely, but I don't think it's necessary. Hell, not even Bonds has 3,000 career hits. If he falls short of 3,000, I think that he still has a good shot of getting in sometime down the road. He's the face of the Houston Astros, a 7-time All-Star, has four Gold Gloves, over 400 career SBs, hits for average, and will be close to 300 career HRs by the time he retires. Definitely a borderline HOF career for a 2B.

QUOTE(WCSox @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Definitely, but I don't think it's necessary. Hell, not even Bonds has 3,000 career hits. If he falls short of 3,000, I think that he still has a good shot of getting in sometime down the road. He's the face of the Houston Astros, a 7-time All-Star, has four Gold Gloves, over 400 career SBs, hits for average, and will be close to 300 career HRs by the time he retires. Definitely a borderline HOF career for a 2B.

The fact that you said the word "Borderline" only argues my point better. He's over 2800 hits right now...you get taht 3000th hit on his resume, and he'll have that final, big number that HOF voters can point to.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
The fact that you said the word "Borderline" only argues my point better.

I didn't realize that we were "arguing." :huh:

When I use the word "borderline", I mean that he's very close. And given that Biggio probably has a couple of years left in him, I think that his chances to eventually get in (he won't be a first-ballot guy) will be high.

Edited by WCSox