<FutureSox.com>2006 Draft Preview

Guest FutureSox.com

Guest FutureSox.com

FutureSox MLB Draft Coverage Begins

By Danny Santaromita

The 2006 MLB Draft is approaching which means general managers and minor league directors are compiling the information their staff has gathered on all the top prospects in the land. This years draft takes place June 6th and 7th, making it exactly a week away. This years draft has been viewed as very weak by most draft experts and scouts. Many players who were considered first round prospects a year ago had down seasons and have fallen off the radar a bit. As a result it seems the players who will go in the first round will be the ones that survived a letdown this season.

http://www.futuresox.com/frontpage/modules...article&sid=301

Even though the draft is such a crapshoot once you get around where the Sox are picking and lower, I know one thing for sure: I'll be happy with whoever the Sox take b/c I have complete faith in their scouting department.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 30, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
Even though the draft is such a crapshoot once you get around where the Sox are picking and lower, I know one thing for sure: I'll be happy with whoever the Sox take b/c I have complete faith in their scouting department.

They suck at picking em in the first round, but have done very good after that.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 30, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
They suck at picking em in the first round, but have done very good after that.

Anderson, Fields, and Broadway are looking like 3 straight good first round picks so far.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 30, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Anderson, Fields, and Broadway are looking like 3 straight good first round picks so far.

Thats something I'd agree with. Even Honel was looking like a good pick up until he fell apart. Still I'm going to wait and see if these guys develop.

Fields is turning into a STUD prospect this season while Broadway has really kicked ass in his first full season and well Anderson has all the tools to become an above average centerfielder.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)

Yeah in the last few years they've done a much better job at drafting guys in the 1st round. Hopefully that trend continues.