My Day At the Sox Game Yesterday!

chisoxfan14

Alrighty, Here we go! So I obviously went to the sox game yesterday! And I must say it is very close to being one of the best days like ever! I mean wow! So it was against the Rangers, and I wanted to go because Its DAngelo Jimenez! And I love him mucho! So I made him a sign! I MISS U DANGELO! Hoping that hed see it!

So we get there, and the Rangers were playing catch down the right field line. And Im like ok, gooooo!!! So I run down there, and Im not even half way down, And I spotted him! Thats pretty much when it all started! So I held up my sign there right behind him, and he turned around I guess the guy next to him saw it! And he smiledddd THIS HUGE SMILE! And waved! I was dying already. Thhheeennn He started coming over. And he went and shook my dads hand, then gave be the biggest hug!!! I could not breathe, I was sooo HAPPPY! I said to him, Im like DAngelo I miss you soo much! Hes like yeah I miss it here too, the players, the fans. Im like awwww!! So we took a picture! And then he had to go.

But while he out batting, he turned and looked at me, and waved..And I waved..Then started like hyperventilating again! Haha, and everyones like asking me if I know him. Im like no..I just love him! And then he went into the outfield, and he was coming back into the dugout, and waved and smiled. Then he stopped. Im like what are you doing!! Oh noand he takes a ball out of his pocket and throws it to me! Im like awww Thanks DLo!!! Hes such a sweetie! Everyones like huh!?? You know him or something!?

So that was before he was batting, then after he batted, and it was over, he was heading in and smiled and waved AGAIN! And shouted sorry Im not playin today, pointing to the lineups! I already knew that, but hey, Id rather hear it from him!! =] So Im like tearing up. And not breathing.

So after the national anthem, he was out right in front of where I was sitting 124 row 11. And he spotted me, and smiledddd! And the whole game, he must of waved like 5 times! Each time, me like dying! Hes sooo nice! Then this guy saw my sign, and hes asking me if I wanted to go see him cuz he knows DJ. Im like you know him!:?? Hes like yea. So we tried to go and he was gonna sign my sign, but nobody had a marker! But he said bye and smiled..and hes sooo gorgeous.

I love him!

http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxfan14

It's great to go to the game and have as much fun as you did. Good for you. I might have to try and scan a pic I got last year in Seattle when we made a special trip to see the Sox play the Mariners. I found three crazy dressed up Sox fans outside and got my pic taken with them.

QUOTE(chisoxfan14 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
If I could get tickets to more games. Obviously I'd go!

** I know isn't D'lo a sweetheart! I love him!!!

i can honestly say i've never met a jiminez fan until now :lol:

Edited by SnB

I love the enthusiasm of these young fans.

I have two White Sox flags on my garage, a Sox logo one I’ve put up during the season for years and a World Series Championship one. Yesterday morning I was working at my desk which is at a window that overlooks the yard. A little girl, who lives down the block, maybe 10 years old, had an even younger boy in tow and they jumped the fence to get into my yard. She takes him up to the Sox logo flag and they both take off their hats and hold them over their hearts. They put them back on and walk to the WSC on one and do it again! If I remember right, I think the little boy’s Dad is a Cub fan and am pretty sure the girl was propagating the White Sox faith among the heathen.

Made my day!

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 08:34 AM)

I have two White Sox flags on my garage, a Sox logo one I’ve put up during the season for years and a World Series Championship one. Yesterday morning I was working at my desk which is at a window that overlooks the yard. A little girl, who lives down the block, maybe 10 years old, had an even younger boy in tow and they jumped the fence to get into my yard. She takes him up to the Sox logo flag and they both take off their hats and hold them over their hearts. They put them back on and walk to the WSC on one and do it again! If I remember right, I think the little boy’s Dad is a Cub fan and am pretty sure the girl was propagating the White Sox faith among the heathen.

Made my day!

Oh man, that's rich! Thanks for sharing that.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)

Made my day!

Haha very solid. :cheers

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
Stories like these are why I love the game of baseball. I remember situations and stories like this from my own childhood, and can't wait for my youngin to have her own memories like her dad, and her dad's dad, and his dad.

Keep Maddy close. He was looking for poon. :ph34r:

QUOTE(chisoxfan14 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
So after the national anthem, he was out right in front of where I was sitting 124 row 11. And he spotted me, and smiledddd! And the whole game, he must of waved like 5 times! Each time, me like dying! Hes sooo nice! Then this guy saw my sign, and hes asking me if I wanted to go see him cuz he knows DJ. Im like you know him!:?? Hes like yea. So we tried to go and he was gonna sign my sign, but nobody had a marker! But he said bye and smiled..and hes sooo gorgeous.

I love him!

http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxfan14

What a cool Story! Very cool pics...sounds like an awesome experience.

I always liked Jimenez too... glad you had fun.

:gosox1: