Roll Call for Texas Series, in Arlington

kapkomet

So I know there's some Sox fans around here (in Dallas/Fort Worth area)... how many of you are planning on going next week to catch a game?

At this point, I have class on Tuesday and Wednesday night, so those two nights are out. The best chance I have at a game would be Monday night, but I haven't gotten tickets yet.

So who all is going?

Kap

Right here buddy...sucks you cant make it Tuesday or Wednesday night, those are the only 2 games I'll be attending due to summer league baseball games..but lucky you Monday-Contreras will throw+ESPN game, and Thursday-Buehrle will throw..its unfortunate you wont be in attendance either night I'll be at Ameriquest, it's always fun meeting other posters

If the forecast holds, I may not go at all. It's supposed to be 100+ every day starting this Thursday. I knew this summer was going to suck when it was 100+ in April, and May we had NO rain, which is supposed to be our "rainiest month"... Texas is so screwed this year with the drought situation.

Anyway... we'll see how things go, but I don't feel like sitting there for a game when it's that hot.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:08 AM)
If the forecast holds, I may not go at all. It's supposed to be 100+ every day starting this Thursday. I knew this summer was going to suck when it was 100+ in April, and May we had NO rain, which is supposed to be our "rainiest month"... Texas is so screwed this year with the drought situation.

Anyway... we'll see how things go, but I don't feel like sitting there for a game when it's that hot.

Why don't you send the Rangers and Sox down for a night game at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock? For cryin' out loud, guys, why can't you schedule a Rangers-Sox series for a DAMN WEEKEND?!?! I'm too old to do the one day turnaround to Dallas and back. Grrrrr...

Cheer for the Austin White Sox contingent if you go! Perhaps a sign? :lol:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
Can't make it in this time. In fact, I'll be in town right after they leave.

If you still wanted to grab a brew one of these times you're down here... that would be cool.

Having said that, next weekend, we won't be in Dallas anyway. Road trip to Odessa. :puke

(note, not :puke to the inlaws, :puke on the drive out there. I always thought US 30 in Indiana was bad, it don't have anything on this drive).

QUOTE(peanut33tillman @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
Right here buddy...sucks you cant make it Tuesday or Wednesday night, those are the only 2 games I'll be attending due to summer league baseball games..but lucky you Monday-Contreras will throw+ESPN game, and Thursday-Buehrle will throw..its unfortunate you wont be in attendance either night I'll be at Ameriquest, it's always fun meeting other posters

GO to the game.....just make sure you have tix that get you into the Gold Club to cool off.....That is what I do :P

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
I will be there Wednesday evening. I may try to convince my wife to go Monday as well.

But tonight, I am going to the NBA Finals! Yipee! I never got to go to a Bulls Finals, so this will have to do!

That's awesome, dude. Enjoy - it will be a great time. How did you scam tickets?

Actually if I pressed hard enough, I could probably get some from here at work. But, I'm really not that interested.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Nice...you liking Austin? I have a few buddies that go to school right by there and they say its an awesome place. How far is it from Dallas?

I've only been here about a week but I'm enjoying it so far. The city doesn't feel too urban because just minutes from downtown/nightlife area there are lakes and parks with lots of things to do and see. I drove through Dallas on my way down here and it took me about three hours.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I've only been here about a week but I'm enjoying it so far. The city doesn't feel too urban because just minutes from downtown/nightlife area there are lakes and parks with lots of things to do and see. I drove through Dallas on my way down here and it took me about three hours.

Austin is an awesome city. If it were just a little bit bigger, I'd try to move there. The culture there is a blast.